SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Buying Contessa 35

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  slyrss3 
#1 ·
I have found a reasonably priced Contessa 35 for sale (less than $25K). I know they are Doug Peterson IOR designs. Does anyone have one? Do you like it. I've been watchng them on Yachtworld, and they don't seem to sell very fast. My goal is to sail SF Bay and coastal crising.
To JeffH, I really study your opinions on boats, and seriuosly consider what you say. I don't believe you would think this boat a good choice, but it seems seaworthy, inexpensve and fast. Also, Why dont you like the
Ericson 30+? It's a fractional rigged sloop, and from photo's I've seen of the underbody, it looks good to my eye. The Ericsom 30+ seems like a nice coastal cruiser, frac rig that you advocate. I read you didn't like the underbody. Could you please explain why. Can you get some of the same advantages of the frac rigs with mast head rigs if you had a backstay adjuster with forward lower stays or a baby stay?

Thanx or your advice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.