SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   Pacific Seacraft (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/24793-pacific-seacraft.html)

kwaltersmi 11-07-2006 02:42 PM

Pacific Seacraft

Wow! I've checking out several used Pacific Seacrafts and I'm very impressed. Nice boats with lots of cabin space and beautiful lines.

I'm particularly impressed with the little 20' Flicka. That's a huge cabin for a 20 footer! The only drawback is that even Flickas from before 1985 seem to fetch prices in the $30k's.

From the PSC's I've seen (20', 24', 27', 37') I'd say their floating to the top of my list. Anyone have any thoughts about older Pacific Seacraft boats? Admittedly, I don't know much about the brand.

mhfowle 11-07-2006 03:23 PM

A guy has a Flicka in my marina. It's a very impressive boat. His has a head and 8 hp yanmar. It's top quality. Check out this site.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Fo...727/index.html

sailingdog 11-07-2006 05:01 PM

Part of the reasons Flicka's command such high prices for such little boats, is that they are designed as bluewater capable little boats.

SailorMitch 11-07-2006 05:45 PM

Disclosure up front: I am a big Bill Crealock fan. He draws beautiful lines with just the right sheer, and also designs moderate boats that will get you through a blow. He did considerable bluewater sailing in his younger days so he knows what does well out there. His collaboration with Pacific Seacraft down through the years has produced beautiful, sturdy and well-built boats. IMHO you can't go wrong with one of his boats.

poopdeckpappy 11-07-2006 06:03 PM

My wife and I are looking at PSC, we have looked at a 84 27' and a 82 34', 60,000.00 and 80,000.00 respectively, beautiful lines & great layouts, great use of woods and woodworking, it is our next boat.

snider 11-07-2006 06:16 PM

I'm sold on PSC

I've been looking at boats for five years now, and next spring I'm buying a 34 to live aboard. These are great boats that I would sail anywhere. Brandon

lasailor 11-07-2006 11:03 PM

I've posted here on and off asking about different boats. I was recently accused of just 'dating' boats and never committing to one (by a sibling no less). Hey, I'm a single guy, I've an aversion to a LTR thing. That said, since I was a kid I've looked at Pacific Seacraft – first the Flicka, then the Mariah, somewhere there was suppose to be a Bingham 28 (Bruce’s father did it if I recall – there are study plans somewhere in a tube)…the 37 was always out of reach. I've a notebook full of brochures from the 80s on sailboats ranging from 20 feet on up. The dream was put on the shelf a while ago (typical wife/kid not into sailing). In that book there is a brochure that has the Crealock 37 and even a price list for a 1983 boat. This coming Monday one of the early 37’s will be hauled for **my** surveyor to poke and prod and later I'll take my "sea trials." So in the end, dating can lead to what I hope is an LTR. She is an older lady - but I'm an older guy - so we might get along! I've some work to do to her as well as getting my skills back up to speed but the first step may indeed be mine!
:-)

arisatx 02-25-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwaltersmi (Post 89318)
Wow! I've checking out several used Pacific Seacrafts and I'm very impressed. Nice boats with lots of cabin space and beautiful lines.

I'm particularly impressed with the little 20' Flicka. That's a huge cabin for a 20 footer! The only drawback is that even Flickas from before 1985 seem to fetch prices in the $30k's.

From the PSC's I've seen (20', 24', 27', 37') I'd say their floating to the top of my list. Anyone have any thoughts about older Pacific Seacraft boats? Admittedly, I don't know much about the brand.

KWalter:

As you may already know, there is a PSC Owner's Group on sailnet (link here) where I'm sure you'll get plenty of objective opinions:D .

Also the Cruising Yachts Inc website here has some good materials posted on there including past reviews of the PSC boats (right side thumbnails on the main page).

Here's a nice kite-cam video of a Dana24.

mrwuffles 02-25-2009 09:24 PM

3 year old thread....

arisatx 02-25-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrwuffles (Post 454970)
3 year old thread....

Oops - my bad.

It popped into my email based on a "Google Alert" I have active. Sorry about that guys.