Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
Pacific Seacraft

Wow! I've checking out several used Pacific Seacrafts and I'm very impressed. Nice boats with lots of cabin space and beautiful lines.

I'm particularly impressed with the little 20' Flicka. That's a huge cabin for a 20 footer! The only drawback is that even Flickas from before 1985 seem to fetch prices in the $30k's.

From the PSC's I've seen (20', 24', 27', 37') I'd say their floating to the top of my list. Anyone have any thoughts about older Pacific Seacraft boats? Admittedly, I don't know much about the brand.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2006

mhfowle is on a distinguished road
A guy has a Flicka in my marina. It's a very impressive boat. His has a head and 8 hp yanmar. It's top quality. Check out this site.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Fo...727/index.html
Old 11-07-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Part of the reasons Flicka's command such high prices for such little boats, is that they are designed as bluewater capable little boats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-07-2006
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Disclosure up front: I am a big Bill Crealock fan. He draws beautiful lines with just the right sheer, and also designs moderate boats that will get you through a blow. He did considerable bluewater sailing in his younger days so he knows what does well out there. His collaboration with Pacific Seacraft down through the years has produced beautiful, sturdy and well-built boats. IMHO you can't go wrong with one of his boats.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.

Last edited by SailorMitch; 11-07-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2006

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
My wife and I are looking at PSC, we have looked at a 84 27' and a 82 34', 60,000.00 and 80,000.00 respectively, beautiful lines & great layouts, great use of woods and woodworking, it is our next boat.
Old 11-07-2006

snider is on a distinguished road
I'm sold on PSC

I've been looking at boats for five years now, and next spring I'm buying a 34 to live aboard. These are great boats that I would sail anywhere. Brandon
Old 11-07-2006

lasailor is on a distinguished road
I've posted here on and off asking about different boats. I was recently accused of just 'dating' boats and never committing to one (by a sibling no less). Hey, I'm a single guy, I've an aversion to a LTR thing. That said, since I was a kid I've looked at Pacific Seacraft – first the Flicka, then the Mariah, somewhere there was suppose to be a Bingham 28 (Bruce’s father did it if I recall – there are study plans somewhere in a tube)…the 37 was always out of reach. I've a notebook full of brochures from the 80s on sailboats ranging from 20 feet on up. The dream was put on the shelf a while ago (typical wife/kid not into sailing). In that book there is a brochure that has the Crealock 37 and even a price list for a 1983 boat. This coming Monday one of the early 37’s will be hauled for **my** surveyor to poke and prod and later I'll take my "sea trials." So in the end, dating can lead to what I hope is an LTR. She is an older lady - but I'm an older guy - so we might get along! I've some work to do to her as well as getting my skills back up to speed but the first step may indeed be mine!
:-)
Old 02-25-2009

arisatx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaltersmi View Post
Wow! I've checking out several used Pacific Seacrafts and I'm very impressed. Nice boats with lots of cabin space and beautiful lines.

I'm particularly impressed with the little 20' Flicka. That's a huge cabin for a 20 footer! The only drawback is that even Flickas from before 1985 seem to fetch prices in the $30k's.

From the PSC's I've seen (20', 24', 27', 37') I'd say their floating to the top of my list. Anyone have any thoughts about older Pacific Seacraft boats? Admittedly, I don't know much about the brand.
KWalter:

As you may already know, there is a PSC Owner's Group on sailnet (link here) where I'm sure you'll get plenty of objective opinions .

Also the Cruising Yachts Inc website here has some good materials posted on there including past reviews of the PSC boats (right side thumbnails on the main page).

Here's a nice kite-cam video of a Dana24.
V42#186
s/v Little Wing

Last edited by arisatx; 02-25-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added link to Dana 24 YouTube video
Old 02-25-2009

mrwuffles is on a distinguished road
3 year old thread....
Old 02-25-2009

arisatx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwuffles View Post
3 year old thread....
Oops - my bad.

It popped into my email based on a "Google Alert" I have active. Sorry about that guys.
V42#186
s/v Little Wing