SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Bombay Clipper 31

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jeff_H 
#1 ·
I''m looking at a Bombay Clipper 31 that is for sale. I know nothing about them. Any help would come in handy. She is a "77". If you know anything, good or bad, I could use the information.

Thanks

#2 ·
These were slow, heavy (not a good thing) and rolly little character boats. While I don''t know specifically about the resins in the Bombay Clipper, the late 1970''s was a bad time for boats with blister problems. Resins were reformualted after the fuel oil crisis of the early 1970''s and it really took a tolll on the boats built during this period. As with any boat of this era, a very thorough survey is in order. Unless the previous owner has recently done the following, you can expect to have to do some combination of: replace the standing and running rigging in the next few years, replace sails, upgrade the electronics, replace deck, galley and head hardware, replace cushions and other upholstery, rebuild or replace the engine, do some deck core repairs, replace or rebuild seacocks and thru-hulls, etc as these items have reached or passed their useful lifespan without major attention.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.