Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2001

varanic is on a distinguished road
halp finding a boat

i''m having trouble finding small fast boats for sale in texas! i''m looking for a phrf racer / day sailer in the 24'' range with a rating in the 130 - 160 range. ideal boats might be a moore 24 or martin 242. any idea''s of other boats? so far all i''ve found is a sc27 in need of lots of work. please let me know if you have any idea''s where to look. thanks, david
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2001

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
halp finding a boat

You might look for a Tripp 26, Laser 28, B-25, J-27, Plato 25 (Farr 25), Wavelength 25 (Schockwave 25), or Olsen 25. All offer good performance at the lower end of your speed range and in your general Size range.

Jeff
Old 12-04-2001

varanic is on a distinguished road
halp finding a boat

thanks for the reply. i''m trying to stay under ~15k preferably under ~10k assuming i will have to buy new sails etc. i want to stay ahead of the whole 168 group (merit 25, j24, capri 25, wavelength 24, etc.) the B-25 would be like a dream boat but too expensive. same for the J/80,J/27 and Laser 28 i''m guessing. do you know of any specific sites that cater primarily to club racing (or boat listings). i would be willing to pay more for a 25 year old moore 24 in perfect shape than say a much newer boat that''s rough so age doesn''t really matter to much to me.
thanks again