SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Small Double-Ended Beach/Camp Boat...In the US...?

4K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Hey,
Is this the right section to put a thread like this in? I am wondering about finding a boat to build, not buy...
So I have been considering building a small boat for quite a while now, but would like to do so with a kit, as apposed to just plans. I am looking for a small double-ended sailboat that would be suited to costal cruising (camping at night), but would be able to handle the occassional offshore (never too far) excursion. I have sailed all my life, and have a reasonable amount of expertise in boatbuilding, but would still like to do so from a kit.
I have looked at the designs of Ian Oughtred, and loved what I saw. My ideal boat would be the Ness Yawl, but the only available kit I can find is in South Australia...and the shipping would be a *****...Does anyone know of a comprable kit or boat closer to home..? Thanks so much for any help..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.