SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

C & C 29 (year 1977)

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
C & C 29 (year 1977)

Any opinions on the C & C 29. The one I am looking at was built in 1977 and is diesel powered. I plan on coastal cruising in Florida and maybe out to the Bahamas. Eventually, I plan on taking it up the ICW (4''6" draft) and finally into the Great Lakes for the summer.
I was looking at a C & C 30 and while I was "thinking about it", it sold. C & C seems to be built solid (for coastal) and fairly fast.
Thanks for your time
steve

#2 ·
C & C 29 (year 1977)

This is the "29" that is really a mis-named 30, in general size. One of these has been racing and cruising in my area for two decades. Seems both fast and easy to sail up to its potential. The cockpit and interior seems designed for offshore use. Note that the propshaft is offset, presumably to eliminate prop steer going forward. C&C did this on several models, if memory serves. Not that it maters, but I prefer this version over the much smaller 29 they built in the 80''s.
Loren in PDX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.