SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hunter 466

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  seariders 
#1 ·
Considering the purchase of a new Hunter 466 for use as a crusier. Located in southern California. Sailing weekends, 2-3 weeks/year and the entire west coast of the USA in the next couple of years.
Would like any feedback on the Hunter big boat line or the 460/466 series.

#2 ·
G'day,

We are from Southern California also and retired in Ensenada, Mexico four years ago. We have been attending shows, looking with brokers, learning from others, chartering different size and locations, and racing Capri's 22' once per week to learn the wind, ask newbie questions and ensure we would purchase the boat that best fits our needs when we were ready. We have seriously looked over the past two years and feel the Hunter 466 is what we want also. The H466 we are looking at purchasing is in BVI and we are flying out next month to kick tires. With the economy and market, we are not in much of a hurry except we are not sailing on "Our" boat. We hope to make the commitment next month.

It would be nice to have some support pro/con from other H466 owners or captains with direct knowledge. I have posted similar questions as yours on the various Forums even Hunter Owners with no response. Yesterday I sent my questions directly to Hunter Customer Service in hope of a response.

Other than the full keel do you know what the difference is between the H460 and 466 ie. additinal storage, stronger hull...?

The one we are looking at is Cutter rigged and would like to know where to look for stress points, in general.

What ocean conditions are H466 certified and where can I find this reference?

It would be nice to get a line drawing of the floor plan that shows the various compartments so that when I see it I can plot where the various equipment, etc location are and plan the use of available storage, within the compartments.

Keep looking up,

Charles...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.