SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Merit 22

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mrwuffles 
#1 ·
I have run across a Merit 22. There''s not much available on the boat. Boatcheck has a couple articles. Anyone know if there is a class organization on the web? What type of PHRF rating would it have in the south east US?

#2 ·
A buddy of mine owned and raced a Merit 22 at one time. Email me offline (sailormitch@sailnet.net) and I will give you his email address.

Also, I couldn''t find an M-22 website, but here is one for Merit 25''s. These folks might be able to help you with questions about the 22: http://www.well.com/user/pk/M25.html

To give credit where credit is due, I found that info on the M-25 at www.goodoldboat.com. The Good Old Boat website is chock full of useful info. It also happens to be a terrific magazine.

#4 ·
Keith,

Good start on the website. Be sure to tell Good Old Boat about it so that they can add it to their list of owner''s sites. That''s a great resource I use a lot when researching boats. I really like their magazine, too.

#5 ·
I own a Merit 22 and have had it for 2 seasons, I have sailed all of my life and love this boat. I crewed with my father on out 10m Pearson and am totally happy with the Merit. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions and comments about the boat. I have all of the original documentation including the owners manual and original sales brochure. Any one interested in any of this let me know by e-mail and I will send it off to you. Have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.