Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
CD...why don't you just get one BIG boat and all live together....one big happy family!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Cam,

I love my pops and mom. They are like best friends. Dad knows this and may very well read this. So understand when I write: With two boats, you can dump the kids off and in the middle of the night slip away! I am making sure their water line is shorter than mine!!! Why do you think the VETO!???

HAHA!!

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-09-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
CD-

Don't forget to take a good old steel bucket and tie it to the rudderstock and drop it in the water.... that'll make sure that they can't catch you, even as slowly as you sail.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-09-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
SD,

SHHHHHHH! THey READ THIS STUFF!! Don't you worry... I got it all worked out.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-09-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
CD-

Ooppps... sorry... didn't mean to give your tactics away...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-09-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad
Looking for a non-catalina??? There are many, many boats outside of Catalina I like, and MANY MORE I do not (obviously a man with no taste). Catalina makes the best production cruiser in this class, that is all. Of course, that is my opinion - other may differ (blind bastards... smile). (We're all entiteld to our opinions, how bad they are...its your right!!)

However, no, the boat search is not for me. I have my boat (hehehehehe boat..hehehehe).

My pops and mom are selling it all and going cruising with us (please Mr. CD˛ don't do that, I am sure that even you will regret living with this son of yours!!!!! you don't love him that much), . I am looking for them ( Mr CD˛ he's not looking for a boat for you....he's gonna get you a Catalina and then you'll regret it...please for the love of fater Son relationship, Mr.CD˛ please you choose your own boat...look at Tartans, Pearsons, IP's even Benetaus but please please don't let the Catalina junky choise for you).

Dad frequents this site a bunch too, but hardly ever posts. (I wonder why??? are you keeping his keyboard locked??? you Nazi!!!) They are more of the typical poster/cruiser: Mid-late 50's, (see Mr.CD˛ he's calling you old...he has no taste...how could you put something like that in the world???) retired (retiring), looking for a live aboard that is a good island hopper, [B]( Then don't get a catalina Mr.CD˛ we're warning you!!!!! you have put a very sick man into the World!!!)[/B]have not done ANY cruising (except with us when they flew in to visit) (Mr. CD˛...I understand that as a charity visit...I bet you were dying to go back home)and not a lot of sailing (he calls sailing to the forward movement his catalina makes with the engine...that's not sailing its motoring and its the only way a Catalina will move in the direction of its bow!!!!)(again, except with us). I suggested he take a sailing class (humpf seee Mr.CD˛...born a few days ago and laredy thinks he knows more than you!!! Mr. CD˛ what have you done???? what have you done to the World giving life to such a devious man!!!!)(or several, actually) to see the book-version of how things work. (the man has lost it....) He took it with a friend of mine. He kept telling Jeff, "Now, wait.... that isn't how Brian does it! Wait, no beer while sailing? No hold on, I have seen Brian do it differently..." ( we understand, Mr.CD˛ I understand you could not understand why in the sailing I REPEAT SAILING class you saw boats moving by the power of Sails...and dear Brian only by the power of Diesel!!!! Yes we understand...you saw a sailboat move forward...and Brian's move backwards....that is why he does things differentely)

You can just imagine the ration of S*** I got from that!!! Oh well, live and learn!!! (no wonder...after the class Mr.CD˛ was trying to explain that sailboats have to go forward....you're just confusing him!!!)

I am on a similair search as many that frequent this site (for them)... but the funny thing is, I find a boat I love and they don't like it ( have you ever thought that IT IS YOU THAT IS RIDING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD?????)(usually the lines), while they find a boat they like and I put a REALLY QUICK VETO ( and does your veto count???? )and reality check on it. It has been a bit of a humbling experience, as I have come to realize that what I like in boats (yeahhh BIG ENGINES!!!!) and what other people like are often two very different things. (again on the wrong side of the road!!!) I am doing better about slamming people about getting a bullet-proof shoe box for the islands, or a island hopper to cross the seas (at least I think I am... smile). But we have been there and know what works and what does not. Telling someone what works is like saying, "Don't do what I did," but they have to experience it for themselves to learn, "Oh crap... you were right!!!" But that is not sailing, (now you got it RIGHT!!!!!!!) that is life.

- CD

Mr. CD˛ we're all trying to tell you...by the way...is Mrs. CM˛ there???? well tell her that she did a poor job of potty training on him...I just read he did his poo in his shorts recentely!!!!!
Old 03-09-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

OHHHH that was toooo funny. You crack me up!!! Although, I did like the posts to the Dogsailor better. You got slack.

- CD

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-10-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
So...you are really going to "force" your parents into a Catalina???

Spineless!!!!!