Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007

Pamlicotraveler is on a distinguished road
Cliff - It looks like a great boat. Clean and well maintained.

I recommend you get a list of the recent Yachtworld SOLD dates and prices for this specific boat. Those are available from Yachtworld to brokers, and probably your surveyor. That might help you determine if you should raise your price, and if not it can be helpful in persuading the seller that your offer is reasonable. Actual sale prices are a lot more relevant than other listings. Many listings are way overpriced.
Old 04-09-2007
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough
Cliff,

Looks like a nice boat, you should go through the exercise of figuring out what the boat should be worth and make you next offer accordingly. Don't assume you need to get it for 10% below asking to have a good deal, nor assume that 10% below asking IS a good deal. You need to decide what this particular boat is worth to you, then go with that price. I sold my last boat for the asking price, to the first person who looked at it - we both got a good deal.

A few comments on equipment. Not much for baterries. Staying in a slip, if not then a Heart inverter system would be desirable. Only a 140% genoa I would think a limitation for use in early and late season, plus the breezy day you really want to get to home port. These shortcomings are easy to address with just a little $$$.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfool
These shortcomings are easy to address with just a little $$$.
That's the most common phrase used in boating....
Old 04-10-2007

CliffL is on a distinguished road
OK, so I'm a fool...there's nothing new there. I went off line and made a counter offer before I read all of your posts. They accepted 112K. I looked at all of the other selling prices of Beneteau 361s for the past two years and the average was 111K for the 2001s. I went by and visited Her on the hard again today. We had a little conversation. If She takes care of me and my family, I'll take care of Her. I'm still in love. Oh well...I'll let you know how the survey goes...Giu, I'll have the ports checked. Can't wait to get Her in the water. Heck it's only money...right????
Old 04-10-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
CliffL-

Just remember the price is usually subject to re-negotiation based on the results of the survey and sea-trial.

If you love the boat...that's a very good sign. I hope the survey goes well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

óCpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

StillóDON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-10-2007
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
CliffL - you are making a great buy. I meant to post earlier. We were seriously considering a 361, it was more money here on the west coast, might have been a bit newer, but still, its worth it. Any Bene smaller than that, I feel like they cut corners in places they shouldn't just to try and make the boat interesting, or fit everything in. The smaller ones just don't seem right. Except for the First series, but thats not what you want for what you need. I sailed on one here, and the owner (sailortjk1 also) gave her great reviews and all the owners clubs do too. I really wanted the one for sale here, but I wasn't ready to shell out 135K. They are beautiful boats, I especially like the blue hull like sailortjk1's.
Have a blast!
Best

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 04-10-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-10-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Cliff

Congratulations...have a wonderfull first sail, and better sails after...

G
Old 04-10-2007

capttb is on a distinguished road
Hope survey etc. go well, as SD mentioned terms may be altered dependent on survey, wouldn't usually ask for a routine maintenance type issue. But something like blisters etc. I'd try to get the seller to absorb. In the meantime everyone here who feels he didn't pay a little over market for at least one boat please stand up, looks like everyone's still sitting.
Old 04-11-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Just read this Cliff. Congrats!! Hope she serves you well!!

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-17-2007

Don't forget to update us Cliff