Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007

CliffL is on a distinguished road
2001 Beneteau 361

Any thoughts on:

YachtWorld.com Boats and Yachts for Sale

I've a survey scheduled for 18 April with Peter Hartoft in Annapolis.

I'd use Kinja as a day/weekend cruiser on the Chesepeake with my kids, and to learn advanced cruising/sailing techniques.

I've offered 104K, owner's come back with 115K

My heart is pounding....lots of $$....

All thoughts welcome, I've read all threads on this site re. Beneteau 361 and many about Huntacatallina type boats...I guess I'm ready for the Ford of the industry...

Cliff
Old 04-09-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Congratulations on the new Bendytoy... let us know how the survey and seatrial go. Although it is a bit premature, as the survey could have some bad news... so I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

óCpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

StillóDON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
For her intended purposes and for your intended purposes, this is a great boat. Don't let the ney sayers play with you.
The aft berth is comftable sleeping, but in and out of the berth is a bit of a challenge for a couple. You will get a bit of an annoying wave slap in a slight chop, but nothing too bad.
The galley is great. We generally cook for the entire group that we boat with. For a 36 footer she has a great galley. Two burners, fridge, freezer, pleny of dry storage, and plenty of cabinets for a small family doing weekend cruising.
Head is good sized, but the lady might want a bit more room. Shower is ok, but who ever really uses the shower on board anyway? My teenage daughters like it and so does my wife. I have used it and it was a bit tight for me.
Nav desk is very good as is the main salon. Our dinette area converts to a large double, and we keep it this way most of the time. It makes a nice lounging area for watching the flat screen which is mounted to the bulkhead.
V-Brth is nice. Probaly the best sleeping spot on board, but the berth is not as large as the aft. We tend to sleep in the aft.
We have two hanging lockers, that run out of space pretty quickly. This is one area where I wish we had more of.
One large lazzarette, holds all of our fenders, docklines, buckets, cleaning supplies, etc, etc, with out any problems.
Easy to sail and actually moves along quite well.
Single handing or short handing (which is how we sail) is a piece of cake.
Very comfortable cockpit.
Access to the swim step and around the helm is not very good. Its a tight squeeze around the large diameter wheel. We have been considering a folding wheel to help with access while anchored or docked to the platform and the all important BBQ!
Weather helm is one of her downsides. You have keep her balanced or she will just turn her nose into the wind; she does not like to be over canvased.
We recently have had some discussions in moving up to a larger boat, and the salespeople we have talked with are willing to give us close to what we paid for her on a trade in. That was nice to hear.
All in all, like I said, for HER INTENDED PURPOSES, she is a great boat.
If your are a small family, like we are; Two adults and two teeenagers, and your intent is to be costal cruisers, I would think she would be a good fit.
Old 04-09-2007

capttb is on a distinguished road
Looks pretty clean, I do note that there are only 150 hrs. on the engine that is 5 or 6 years old. So 20-30 hrs a year average and usually most of those are in the "honeymoon" year or two, which indicates to me that the boat is not getting a lot of use lately. Usually the owner wants to sell as much as you want to buy, good luck we're all behind ya, keep your stick on the ice.
Old 04-09-2007

sailh34 is on a distinguished road
We chartered one of those in the BVI a couple of years ago. I am sure some of the systems are set up differently for charter, but it looks like the basic boat is the same. We absolutely loved being on the boat. We slept in the V-berth which was really nice because it was roomy and was lower than on some boats, so it was very easy to get in and out of. The cockpit was very comfy and she sailed pretty darn well. The galley seemed to work well with good counterspace and plenty of room. After spending a week on one, we really wanted one and wanted to spend more time on one. If we could move up to a newer boat in the 36 foot range, that is what we would get. I think you will be very happy - good luck.
Old 04-09-2007

CliffL is on a distinguished road
Thanks all. I'm going to make a counter-offer...that is if my heart doesn't come out of my chest first! This is worse than a first date, and much worse than buying a home.
Old 04-09-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
She looks good and has been nicely upgraded and is well suited to your purpose. I would offer 110 firm in return and not budge. There are lots of them out there and that is a fair price for all...plus he walks away with 100k after the broker gets his cut...I would guess that is his bottom line.
Old 04-09-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
I like that model of Benetau...that model was pretty good..I believe Sailortjk has one.

That model is good, go for it.. wish you luck in the buy..

Just one note: Check the hull windows and ports, some friends had water getting in thru the hull windows..have the survey check them, OK?

You can decrease weather helm some, at a later stage.

GOOD LUCK
Old 04-09-2007

SailinJay is on a distinguished road
Could be a duplicate listing, but there's a 2001 361 listed on Yachtworld for the same price that indicates it's located in Mayo. The listing hasn't been changed since Nov. 2006 so the "Kinja" listing could be the same boat, just updated. On the other hand, the specs for the boat in Mayo do not list any radar, so it may be a different boat. A possible alternative if the "Kinja" doesn't work out.

Last edited by SailinJay; 04-09-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2007

TejasSailer is on a distinguished road
Cliff, we sailed one in the Med, and were not too pleased with the in-mast furling. Some folks love them, others not. Just something to think about.