Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kptmorgan04
I am looking forward to doing some re-decoration and getting on the water!!!
Don't worry, boat work is never done...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2007

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
That's a handsome boat, and has a good layout...it's obviously "well-loved and lived-in".

Let us know how she sails. Be prepared for a bit of a shock when you price Volvo spares...the engine's probably due for a rebuild soon if it didn't have one around 1998 or so.
Old 04-21-2007

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
kptmorgan04,

It looks like a wonderful boat, I hope she gives you many years of joy.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Old 04-22-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
KPT...looks beautiful...I love the chandelier! (G) All best and fair winds with her!!
Old 06-02-2007

kptmorgan04 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kptmorgan04
What a week!!!

Well I finally got on the boat after being out to work for a month anxiously awaiting! I got to the Marina on the 24th and had a great week of working and sailing her! The whole experience was SO MUCH greater than I had even imagined!!!

My parents, girlfriend and a family friend helped with all the cleaning and begining to figure things out. The maiden voyage was from Edgewater to White Hall Bay just north of Annapolis. Perfect weather for the sail in the Chesapeake and we anchored next to my friends Bristol to enjoy dinner. Things were going all too perfectly before a rain/lightning squall came through, causing us to drag anchor and begin to drift toward the Bristol. Luckily I got the anchor up, dad was at the wheel and we were able to follow my buddy into Annapolis where he got us a slip at the Annapolis Yacht Club!

Sailed into Annapolis and got on a mooring just as Wednesday Night Races were turning into the Severn. It was an awsome sight and made for the beginning of a great night, but a way too early morning. We had to head out at 5am to get to the marina and hauled out early. The boat got hauled, and is now waiting to paint the bottom, clean up the topsides and rename her on Tue-Wed. A mechanic is looking things over on Thursday and we are getting under way Saturday morning for Cape May, NJ through the C&D Canal , with hopes of Cape May Sunday evening.

Overall, things have been going much better than I could have ever thought, I have spent quite a few $, NJ tax people have been calling me non stop to get there $, but the whole experience has truly been priceless. Still a TON I need to learn, but that will happen with time and experience. Thanks to everyone on here for all the help and info, will be back on here after the voyage to Cape May.
I put some new pictures on the yahoo site.
Old 06-02-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Congrats...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.