SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   Ready to buy (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/3163-ready-buy.html)

el 01-28-2002 07:53 AM

Ready to buy

The money is in the bank and we''re finally ready to buy a new coastal cruiser. We will be sailing the Chesapeake, Pamlico, ICW, Keys and Bahamas. We''ve looked at early 70''s to early 80''s C&C, Tartan, Cals, Pearsons, etc. While some of these were certainly fine sailing vessels, none of them have the living space I want.

We have established the following criteria:
~33 - 37 feet (sloop or cutter)
~Aft double birth & head (my husband could live in a cave, but I need the space)
~Good sailing performance as relates to safety and convenience. We do NOT race.
~V-birth can be used for stowage. It will just be the 2 of us.
~Our budget is $75,000 after all upfitting.
~We are both very mechanical and enjoy working on projects, so we are not opposed to dong a moderate refit.

I really like the mid 80''s and newer Pearsons. They have the room I''m looking for. There are a couple of boats we have not looked at and would like some opinions:
Islanders, CSY, Endeavor and Express 35. We don''t want to send the cruising fund searching, so we are trying to limit our options.

We would love to have your opinions on these or any other boats which might fit our needs and wants.

Thanks
EL

KenD 01-28-2002 08:41 AM

Ready to buy

el I HAVE JUST THE BOAT FOR YOU IN FACT IT''S FOR SALE ITS A 71 35 FOOT CORONADO CC ITS GOT THE ROOM OF A 40 FOOTER AND ITS IN GREAT CONDITION NEW MOTOR NEW BOTTOM RF RM LOST MY SAILING CREW SO I WILL GET SOMETHING SMALLER

bporter 01-28-2002 06:18 PM

Ready to buy

May have a good bnoat for you too, also for sale.

1983 C&C 37 K/CB. Great shape, good inventory. Drop me an e-mai lif intersted.

Unfortunately I kicked it to a broker earlier this month, bit it''s still for sale.

bporter 01-28-2002 06:20 PM

Ready to buy

On the C&C - the V-Berth is enclosed, but the aft double is a wee bit cozy for two permanently. I''d sleep forward and stow aft if I was cruising long term on it.

halyardz 01-29-2002 12:36 AM

Ready to buy

Search the board for Jeff H''s postings on various sized boats. He''s got his finger on
the mix across boat characteristics, budgets,
and cruising plans. He''s gotta write a book someday!

el 01-29-2002 01:50 AM

Ready to buy

I have read Jeff''s posts but don''t recall anything on the newer Pearsons, CSY or Endeavour

SloopSailor 01-29-2002 04:01 AM

Ready to buy

I would skip the Endeavor if you want a good upwind boat. They are heavy boats. The Pearsons are nice boats, but so are the C&C and Tartans. The C&C''s tend to be more of a racer/cruiser but some are very comfortable. Personally I really like the Tartan''s, they have great lines. CSY is a great boat, a friend just helped with a delivery of a CSY 44. He was very impressed with her. The Islanders are nice but not quite up to the others in my opinion. I am afraid I don''t know much about the Express 35, although it looks impressive. Another boat I would toss into the mix here is the Catalina 36.

a1line 01-31-2002 08:39 PM

Ready to buy

Please go to the " www.a1line.com "
Thanks.

Jeff_H 02-01-2002 02:24 AM

Ready to buy

Why would any one go to " www.a1line.com " when your obvious total lack of ethics as evidenced by spamming this forum and violating its rules against commercial posting shows that you are a totally untrustworthy person?

el 02-01-2002 02:47 AM

Ready to buy

I checked our "a1line". A total waste of time!! No info, strictly commercial.