Sailboats with 2 cabins...a question. - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 Old 04-22-2007 Thread Starter

Sailboats with 2 cabins...a question.

Hi all!

I was wondering if you all can help me.

I was wondering what types of sailboats (make/model) have both v-berths and aft cabins (sort of like this one YachtWorld.com Boats and Yachts for Sale)

Thanks in advance!
Bill
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 04-22-2007
Telstar 28

The boats that have two cabins are usually a bit larger than the ones with only one. It would help if you said what you are looking to do with the boat—sailing area, type of sailing, number of people, etc—as well as what your budget is... otherwise, some of the suggestions are going to be less than useful.

Sailingdog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
post #3 of 43 Old 04-22-2007

Dude, that's a big question. You're really gonna have to narrow it down a tad. But you can assume that all center cockpit boats will have an aft cabin.
post #4 of 43 Old 04-22-2007
Telstar 28

A lot of aft cockpit boats, bigger ones anyways, can have an aft cabin as well. Some larger boats even have two aft cabins.

Sailingdog

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

post #5 of 43 Old 04-22-2007
A little less cheek

yep, this one:

YachtWorld.com Boats and Yachts for Sale=

heh-heh-heh

Just checking in.
Where ya'll keep'n the wimmin 'round here?
post #6 of 43 Old 04-22-2007
Senior Moment

Ian -- Re: the Hardin -- I know a fellow with one. Gorgeous boat above and below. Speedwise, I think driftwood is faster. But with accommodations like that, who cares?

Otherwise, I think a general size range would be helpful. Even my Pearson 33 has a v-berth and an aft "cabin" (and ditto for my P-27 before this one) if you aren't too picky about how large a cabin has to be.

SailorMitch
Sailing winged keels since 1989.
1.20.09 Bush's last day the end of an error !! Hopefully we still have a constitution and economy left by then.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
post #7 of 43 Old 04-22-2007
moderate?

Any center cockpit boat will give you two or more sleeping cabins. Only quite large aft cockpit boats will give you similar cabin arrangements. If you are interested in center cockpit boats...give us your cruising plans...price range and acceptable boat age/size range and perhaps we can make a few specific suggestions.
post #8 of 43 Old 04-22-2007 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie
Any center cockpit boat will give you two or more sleeping cabins. Only quite large aft cockpit boats will give you similar cabin arrangements. If you are interested in center cockpit boats...give us your cruising plans...price range and acceptable boat age/size range and perhaps we can make a few specific suggestions.
Hey, thanks to all you guys!

I'm really looking for something around 36 to 45 feet (no bigger or smaller), coastal cruising, possible live-aboard (someday) price range from 0 - $60,000

My wife and I were looking and liked the idea of a two cabin boat for friends and family to stay on with us for some trips... you know...

I really would appreciate the suggestions!
post #9 of 43 Old 04-22-2007
Telstar 28

Bill-

One of the best statements I've ever heard about boats is that the primary use is primary. Unless you really need to have two cabins, it may make more sense to have one. The aft cabin on many boats isn't all that usable, and unless you intend on having family or friends on-board almost constantly, rather than just occassionally... it might not make sense to spend the extra money a good two cabin boat will cost. Just food for thought.

Sailingdog

Telstar 28
New England

post #10 of 43 Old 04-22-2007
moderate?

Look at Irwins, S2's, Pearson 422, Beneteau 40/42/44CC, Morgans, O'day37. There may be a few others...but that will give you a start. See some pix on Yachtworld.com

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.