SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Gulfstar 47 Sailmaster

7K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I posted a message earlier about the Tayana 42-- another (and very different I know) boat I am considering is a Gulfstar 47 Sailmaster.
Anyone have experience or opinions about the 47 ??

Carr McCormack

#2 ·
goshawk,

Tom Neale cruised and lived aboard, with his family, on a Gulfstar 47, "Chez Nous", for many years. I think he only sold it about a year ago. He is now on a Gulfstar 54, I believe. He is an editor of Cruising World, publishes the newsletter CCI (Cruising Coast and Islands). He writes this from his boat. He is also the author of the book "All in the Same Boat". He is a very self sufficient sailor and can therefore tell you many details about the boat. He has a website, tomneale.com. Send him an email and I''m sure he will respond to you. I would recommend both the book and the newsletter for anyone thinking of extended cruising. The newsletter is oriented to the east coast of the US and the Bahamas.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.