SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

1979 Dufour 35

27K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  MysticGringo 
#1 ·
I have been searching for a boat and have been looking at 1980-1985 Catalina 36's and 38's.. I recently found a 1979 Dufour 35 which is in very nice shape.. transmission rebuilt, new standing/running rigging, new sails, Profurler, beautiful cabin and very clean.. I can probably pick it up for under $30K, though I am unfamiliar with these boats.. The owner races regularly and claims she'll go over 8 kts to weather in good winds and over 11 kts, downwind. I'm not buying her to race, but want a solid, fast cruiser.. She's fitted with a loose foot main, solid vang, new traveler, etc. too.. I like the lines of the boat and seems tight..Other alternatives are Islander 36's, but the floor plan on the Dufour is much superior..

Anyone know this boat specifically and have advice? I don't want to buy something I'll never be able to sell either.. I live in SF Bay Area (Sausalito).

Thanks,

Jonathan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.