Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
CD, in that case...I present to you
Giu,

I love the room in your cockpit. Very cool and lots of room to move around. It does need a cocpit table, though, and a couple of BBQ grills, some solar panels, a bimini, a dodger (want me to go on??!!! smile). Nothing I could not fix!!!

Only issue would be securing someone onto the floor for an overnighter... little bit open. It would require some ingenuity!!
I guess I could slap a little 5200 and some snatch blocks on that beautiful teak floor. Where is she slipped again??

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
SD if one is dumb enough to fall overboard thru my transom opening, then he either deserves it...or....doesn't even go on my boat...

Altough it seems a large open cockpit (it was designed like that for the purpose you so well know), it is rather difficult to fall overboard from it.

CD, the center hatch for the locker has rings for crew starpping and its where I strap my son's car seat when he sails with us., we even have an inflatable bed we attach to the hatch door for romantic night sleeps...

Don't be fooled by the idea large cockpits are dangerous, its exactly the opposite, and that BS about a big wave grabbing you and taking you...its also BS, a large cockpit has better places to grab, and manouver, and mainly allows you to fall in the boat, not in the water...by experience!!
Old 05-17-2007

christyleigh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad
Stan, it's time to trade up the Nauticat for the ole 400. You want me to give you a link to one for sale???
CD - If I wanted a c400 I would have bought Norm Bernstein's a few years ago when it was for sale ..... you must remember Norm - I do love that gigantic walk around aft berth though
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI
Old 05-17-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Stan,

It is never too late to come on back across!!! HAHA!

- CD

I like your boat, I am just kidding.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-17-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
we even have an inflatable bed we attach to the hatch door for romantic night sleeps...
You need the hammack for that. Finally got one for my birthday. SHe said she got one the whole family can fit into. I thanked her (but think she missed the point)...

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-17-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad
You need the hammack for that. Finally got one for my birthday. SHe said she got one the whole family can fit into. I thanked her (but think she missed the point)...
CD we got a Brasilian Hammock for many many years...rig it on by Spinnaker pole, or on my stay.

Old 05-17-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

AHAHHHHHH!!!! Giu, that is the same one my wife got me!!!! Except it has all kinds of colors in it. WOW! So does the whole family fit in it??? Is that how you REALLY broke your boom??

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-17-2007

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
I think cockpit cushions are a great concept--for a harbor queen. Once you get under way, the damned things are a peril if they slip out from under you, or slip under your feet on the way forward and back, and then they take up room to store below...Pfah! Sorry, not for me. I'll take a couple of old throwable PFD's as pillows to be used as needed, forget the lawn furniture.

On the Valiant /vs/ the Catalina 400...one fast thing I see is that the cockpit sides slant a bit on the Valiant but they look dead vertical on the Catalina. Which is great for racing when no one is sitting, but totally wrong for folks sitting on the high side while in motion.

The little things like "gee, why is this cockpit so much more comfortable than that one was?" just don't mean anything until you've tried them on under sail--where "vertical" takes on new meanings and things like nice flat companionway steps are shown to be just the wrong way to do things.
Old 05-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor
I think cockpit cushions are a great concept--for a harbor queen. Once you get under way, the damned things are a peril if they slip out from under you, or slip under your feet on the way forward and back, and then they take up room to store below...Pfah! Sorry, not for me. I'll take a couple of old throwable PFD's as pillows to be used as needed, forget the lawn furniture.
Amen to that....100% right.
Old 05-17-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor
Have you ever heard of snaps?

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.