Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Why I don't buy from eBay !!!!

The link below is from a seller with a 100% positive eBay rating and he''s trying to sell MY boat. On top of that he's trying to sell a boat located in Maine and he's in Australia! eBay is full of scammers and the system is severely broken!!

This seller has been reported, and the listing has ended, but when close to 30% of the auctions on eBay are fraudlent in some form or another, I buy elsewhere....

eBay used to be good until the scammers took over!!! Why is it that someone who has been scammed like me can't post negative experiences on eBay? That's the real scam!

eBay Australia: 2005 Catalina 310 Sailboat , Yacht , 31 feet (item 330130399577, end time 06-Jun-07 22:01:24 AEST)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2007
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
How much was he asking?????

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic
Old 06-07-2007

sailorjim99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't tell me you are now looking at Catalinas mate!!!

If this kind of thing keeps up, us poor 'ol Aussies are goin' to get a reputation as decendants of convicted felons again.
OH! The shame of it all.

It's true though. Crims used to sell from bars and out of car boots (trunks) but now, thanks to good ol' eBay, (small e big B) they no longer have to leave home.

Whatta ya doin' next wednesday night Simon?

Yeah mate, i'm back.

GO THE TOADIES!!!

JIm.
Old 06-07-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
A few years ago I lost out in the final minutes on a sailboat I was bidding on. Weeks later, I got a email from "eBay" offering a "second chance" on the sailboat. I did recall from the original ad that the seller said no way would he deliver. The second change email said that he would deliver if I sent 60% of the price and balance on delivery. My **** detector went off, big time. As I had saved the original sailboat ad, I called the guy and he didn't know what the hell I was talking about. He still had the boat and wasn't going to let it go, for a dime less then he wanted.
I contact eBay about ithe second chance offering, but never heard anything about it
Old 06-07-2007
SENIOR CHIEF

USCGRET1990 is on a distinguished road
I have purchased several items with no problem from eBay. If it's a large ticket item, you will want to definetly go see it first. Some things I have purchased: My boat (Morgan 25), My Mercedes, my boat's kicker, my boat's tiller cover, and my new halyard sheets.
You just have to outwit the little scammer buggers ;-)
Old 06-07-2007

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by halekai36
The link below is from a seller with a 100% positive eBay rating and he''s trying to sell MY boat.
It's probably a hijacked account. E-bay scammer's are adept at hacking access to the accounts of highly rated E-bayer's to help perpertrate their scams.

Even without the scammers some of my E-bay transactions have made me gun shy. I did get a great deal on a lifesling with hoisting tackle and an even better deal on a handheld, ultrasonic wind speed meter. Still I usually opt to pay more to go with a known source.
Old 06-07-2007
Ne'er Do Well

TSteele65 is on a distinguished road
Where did he get the pics of your boat?
Old 06-07-2007
Just another stop...

Bardo is on a distinguished road
We posted a boat for sale on eBay. A scammer recreated the posting exactly and sold the boat for 5k less than our reserve! The only way we caught it was that his post had a different item #, which he couldn't replicate. We caught it by calling the winning bidder and stopping the transaction, but it could have gone badly. But still, there are some good items available, as USCGret1990 says. Buyer Beware.
Old 06-07-2007

Saylah is on a distinguished road
Not just buyer beware... seller beware on Ebay as well. When I was selling my harley on ebay last year I received emails from potential "buyers" and the email looked exactly like an Ebay generated email. I clicked the ebay linky to respond to thier questions, and came to a page that looked EXACTLY like the ebay logon screen. Well it wasn;t and I input my ebay id and password and well, I was phished by these a$$holes. So with my ID, they not only tried selling my bike but about 100 other things, big ticket items too like cars.

Moral of the story, always go directly to the site and log in, if its a legit question, it will be in your inbound messages on ebay.

I still use ebay for little things here and there, but I have really slacked off as it has gotten worse.
Old 06-07-2007

svs3 is on a distinguished road
Looks like the same ad has been relisted.

Relisted ad