Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
In the works

Part one complete, sea trial and surveys will be the week of 7/7

She is pretty inside and out, a survey was done in May and it all came back with only 10 minor suggestions, ( so they say ) we'll see what my guys come up with

Anywho, looking forward to this

Freedom comes when youíre ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you donít have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2007

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Oh, any input on what to focus on what be greatly appriciated

Freedom comes when youíre ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you donít have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Old 06-25-2007
Ne'er Do Well

TSteele65 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful boat! Too much wood for me, though.

Be sure to thoroughly inspect the wooden mast.
Old 06-25-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
I would focus on building your stamina, and keeping your joints in shape, as you will surely be using them alot as you keep that beauty in shipshape.

Currently at 36 03 21 N 76 36 37 W

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-25-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
She looks beautiful and well cared for. I take it survey found mast and deck in good shape. Did you have a riggin inspection?
Only thing I would say about sea trial is to try out EVERY system...water, heads, hot water, a/c if any, all instruments and bring a diesel mechanic with you on the trip and push the engine hard once it is at operating temperature.
Hope all goes well!
Old 06-25-2007

The way it's step up right now, Both brokers, the Marine surveyor and Diesel mechanic from Perkins will be there for the sea trial, we will then move to the yard for the haulout and inspections

The Marine and rigging inspection will be done by Mike Herlihy who is a veteran trimmer of the Big Boat Series and SAMS certified.

According to the owner the mast, main and staysail boom(s) were inspected and revarnished in 03 and running rig was replaced also in 03, by my observation, it appears to be true, however, that's yet to be proven

Now, as far as the woodwork goes, My wife is a freak, she's a high maintence baby that love to get dirty, ( I think she was a pirate in her past life ) so she'll be right there slinging the elbow grease with me, but it appears to be a few years yet before a refinish is needed.

Also, the deck is glass not teak and the tankage has been upgraded from steel to 100gal SS fuel and 100gal SS water

Last edited by poopdeckpappy; 06-25-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-25-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
That looks fantastic. Congrats. (I'm just glad you're gonna be takin' care of that brightwork and not me!)
Old 06-25-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Pretty boat, but way too much work... wooden boats are a lot more work than sailing...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

óCpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

StillóDON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.