SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

used trailers

961 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  resdog 
#1 ·
I posted earlier about buying a columbia but I was going to dry slip and it doesnt come with a trailer and I am having trouble finding where to find one here in texas. Any help for a newbie

#3 ·
What size columbia. If it is a larger columbia, like a columbia 30 or such, it isn't likely to have a stock trailer, and you'll probably need to make a custom trailer for it. Also, most monohull keelboats can't be launched from a trailer, so you'd need to pay for a travel lift to splash the boat every time you wanted to go sailing, and pay for a travel lift to put the boat back on the trailer when you were done. The costs of hiring the travel lift, plus the scheduling logistics will make the cost of a regular marina slip, where you can be on the boat and cast off in 15 minutes any time you want, seem really cheap. Just my $.02 worth.

Besides, didn't you just post that you were the new owner of an American Spirit 23 or something like that a few days ago???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.