Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drylander View Post
If you get a really long cable... Also, you can put a dish on your boom...
This is preposterous. The cable is going to really slow you down and possibly get caught in the prop and/or rudder. Then there's the possibility it could get tangled up around an island and break, leaving you without any picture
at all. Your suggestion of putting on a satellite dish makes far more sense. But, as we all know, you aren't going to be getting the programming selection that we've all come to expect. I'm watching Bonanza right now, and the Beverly Hillbillies is on after that. Your satellite provider is giving you reruns of Charles in Charge. Not that I don't like Charles in Charge. I just think that Full House is better. You're new to sailing, aren't you?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2007

Drylander is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailhog View Post
This is preposterous. The cable is going to really slow you down and possibly get caught in the prop and/or rudder. Then there's the possibility it could get tangled up around an island and break, leaving you without any picture
at all. Your suggestion of putting on a satellite dish makes far more sense. But, as we all know, you aren't going to be getting the programming selection that we've all come to expect. I'm watching Bonanza right now, and the Beverly Hillbillies is on after that. Your satellite provider is giving you reruns of Charles in Charge. Not that I don't like Charles in Charge. I just think that Full House is better. You're new to sailing, aren't you?
Bev. Hillbillies is my alltime fav. Although being left without TV is not the worst thing as far as I am concerned: cut my broadband - then you'll hurt me for real!
Yep, I am new to sailing, but plan to change that...
Old 07-31-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
Drylander,
I would urge you to get an older Catalina over an older Hunter, and there are specific reasons for this. I went through the same search process that you're probably going through now, and I slowly came to realize that the C30 was what I needed. I have a wife and two kids as well, and this boat is perfect for us. They're definitely within your budget, but you need to be sure you get a good one. There are lots of dogs out there. PM me if you want to discuss. And good luck.
Old 07-31-2007

Drylander is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailhog View Post
Drylander,
I would urge you to get an older Catalina over an older Hunter, and there are specific reasons for this. I went through the same search process that you're probably going through now, and I slowly came to realize that the C30 was what I needed. I have a wife and two kids as well, and this boat is perfect for us. They're definitely within your budget, but you need to be sure you get a good one. There are lots of dogs out there. PM me if you want to discuss. And good luck.
Thanks! I decided to postpone the purchase: I joined the club and will rent boats for awhile. I'll buy a boat next season - I'll hold you to your offer to discuss it then.