Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Giu...come give us a kiss sweetie....
Tayana 55-download.jpeg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-26-2007
PNW transplants in CA

paul77 is on a distinguished road
Cam -- they did make a Tayana 55 Schooner, and there are both aft and center cockpit versions of the 55.

The schooner version is a stunning boat.. one on YW here: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=1671372

Also there are three keel options available, the shallowest is a centerboard with 5'3" draft.. So a centerboard schooner would be just the thing for the ICW.. Maybe someone somewhere ordered that config!
Old 07-26-2007

Pamlicotraveler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
They trade very close in price to the T52 since they are not as desirable...but the layout may meet your family needs.
Hope that helps a bit.
Cam, aren't you going to help the guy and give him a link (RWYS) to a nice 52? I could do it, but I figure that's your business....
Old 07-26-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
He knows about my boat Pam...thanks anyway for the thought!

Paul...interesting...I had not heard or seen either the schooner or centerboard version! I wonder why the pricing is so relatively low? Maybe the lack of the Perry name?
Old 07-26-2007
PNW transplants in CA

paul77 is on a distinguished road
This schooner has 10 entries on YW all under different brokers.. So maybe they are a real motivated seller. It's listed lower with a US broker: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=1700142

Lack of the Perry name hasn't quelled my interest, though looking at Beeljsnijder sail portfolio he has credits for the interior design but not the naval archecture of nearly all the vessels in his porfolio. Maybe the 55 was an evolutionary hull design on the 52, and it was mostly cosmetic from the waterline up? Kind of like the new 55/58 CC/DS/PH versions..

The centerboard version gets you to a 9'10" draft, I'd expect that would help you point quite nicely but I wish I could find some real technical data on this. That and really any other performance data. I've found one base PHRF rating for a T-55 at 54 (NE PHRF)
Old 07-26-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
There's more info on that schooner at http://www.tayana55.com/ ... if it had three cabins I'd be all over it! And we haven't crossed Cam's baby off the list... the boat we're looking at just happens to be about 5 minutes from where we'll be this weekend...
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 07-26-2007

cruisingdream is on a distinguished road
areas to be looked at .... your wallet
Old 07-26-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
That's seriously a lot of boat for $275k . . . the deal even includes a 9' sailing dinghy:

Where do I sign?
Old 07-26-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
It said the owner just finished a US$500k refit... I'd love to know the list of stuff. I love the concept of the boat though... four furlers, electric operation from the cockpit... staysail... very nicely done. The kids would love it too since it comes with both the sailing dinghy and the Caribe center console RIB with a 40HP. Can you say tubing? I also like the way they did the salon/galley/nav station setup with the additional settee midships. The amount of storage looks excellent. If they only had a 3rd cabin!!! For the price, I'd buy it and put another $300k of refit (if necessary) and still be ahead of where we were planning!
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 07-26-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
I've done something wrong in life if I couldn't figure a way to make a deal like that work . . . at least for a few years anyway. But as Cam pointed out, an '83 Taiwan boat - refit or not, will require a sizable maintenance/operating budget in the cruising kitty.

If this is obtainable, most here I'm sure, are envious you're able to do this with a still young family. Wishing you good luck in your endeavor.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.