SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Tanzer vs Cal

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I''m considering a Tanzer 28 and asked for advice regarding this boat in another post, but I want to ask again and address something I left out. There''s also a Cal 25 available in my price range. I like the Tanzer more, but expert advice is better than initial heart flutters, so I would like for you guys to weigh in on my debate.

I know Jeff has backed the Cal 25''s in the past, but I never hear much about Tanzer. What do y''all know about these boats?

It''ll be for coastal sailing around Carolina with eventual trips south (maybe Bahamas in time). Also, I''m a beginner so I need a forgiving boat, but one I can grow in to since I don''t want to have to trade up in a year or two. Comments?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.