SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Pacific Seacraft

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Melrna 
#1 ·
#2 ·
They may still be negotiating with that creditor... only time will really tell what happens to PSC in the long run. I just hope that anyone who had an order in with them and already paid money down on a boat gets their boat or the money back.

#7 ·
With the new bankruptcy laws that changed 2 years ago, the prognosis of a company coming out of it are less than ever. Congress change the laws after many companies that were somewhat solvent went into bankruptcy (Northwest airlines for example) to shed debt and restructure labor cost. Not declaring all debtors is a big no no. So I hate to say but it doesn't look good. I think it would be a huge lose for the sailing community if they went under. I am sure the other boat builders are smiling in particular Sabre, Valiant, IP and Caliber. If I had a cyrstal ball, it would say Valiant would buy the molds to round out their production line. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.