Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007

vardaman7 is on a distinguished road
Victoria 26

Does anyone have any knowledge of, or know of anyone with knowledge of the McVay designed Victoria 26? I am looking for any information at all. I think production was very limited, under 30. I've exhausted the internet, old forums and outdated email addresses. I have one I'm starting to redo and would like an old manual, spec's or anything else that might help. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2007
Here .. Pull this

Sailormann will become famous soon enough
http://www.victoriayachts.com/

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...=%2Fvictoria18
Old 08-22-2007

Thanks, but these are the old forums and email addresses I was talking about. I'll keep looking. It'll be an adventure.
Old 08-27-2007

LakeEscape is on a distinguished road
Ahh the elusive Vic 26

I assume you tried to contact the Porters in Sanford, FL. They own Quest. Did you try Bill McVeigh? He lives in Atlanta. Contact Strictly Sail in Cincinatti, OH www.Srtictlysailinc.com. They have another Vic 26 on thier lot. They may have some documentation. I may be headed up there to look at that boat. It's on a trailer, of sorts, $7k+, but as they said "Needs a lover."

Good luck. Take pictures as you progess and keep us posted. That is a wonderful boat.

LakeEscape
Lake Norman, NC
Old 08-27-2007

All the emails I've tried must be old. They've all come back. I saw the 26 in Cincinnati. I'll try them next.
Old 08-28-2007

Got a note from Bob Smith at SS in Cincy. They offered up the Vic 26 for $4995.00. Very tempting, my girlfriend says I nuts, too many boats. Heck I just bought a beautiful Vic 18 for her dad. Whats wrong with buying another boat every month?

Fair Winds

LakeEscape
Lake Norman, NC
Old 08-28-2007

I understand from another site that someone else is very interested in the boat. Does the name Mcvay ring a bell?
Old 08-29-2007

VEEERRRRYYY INtearestinggggg, as Boris would say.

Bob Smith sent be a whole bunch of pics of the interior of the boat. Interestingly, I've heard of about this boat, here on Sailnet. Somewhere there was a post about '80's construction techniques and in it was a reference to a guy who drilled like, 50 holes or so in the cabin sole, looking for the origin of a leak. This is the boat !!!!!! The cabin sole is drilled out in three 12 x 12 squares, maybe larger. Doors are off of cabinets, leaking ports, rotting upholstery, Saildrive is probably rotting off as they all do and the mystery engine the was in pieces, but what do you want for $4995.00. And you get that very questionable trailer.

Aside, I would buy her, but just finished refurbbing a San Juan and buying 19 replacement windows for this old house. I have both a hole in the water and a hole in the ground into which I can pour money. Boat - house, boat - house ahhh, if I had a $200,000 budget for my boat.

Fair Winds
LakeEscape
Lake Norman, NC

Last edited by LakeEscape; 08-29-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Deleted URL for pic
Old 08-29-2007

Lake,

Any way I can get you to forward the pic's? My boat is not in that kind of condition but does face some repair. Since there is very little info floating around I would be interested in seeing the pic's

jawright77@bellsouth.net