SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Local boat buying assistance

154K views 293 replies 214 participants last post by  serpa4 
#1 · (Edited)
Many of us are shopping for boats far & wide. It would be nice to get a preliminary idea of a particular boats condition before spending time & money to go see that boat.
This thread can be a resource for 'remote eyes'. I propose that those that are willing to take a peek at a boat for sale put your location here. This would not constitute a survey or recomendation or anything more than one persons opinion.

PLEASE keep these posts short & direct to the locations offered and perhaps time of year. Do not clog this thread with various opinions on a boat visited or other stuff.

Any inquiries for help should be made by Private Message only, off line. Keep the communications private.

Comments regarding findings should only be shared on a separate thread and only with the agreement of both sailnetters.

Brokers, please refrain from joining in here. This is for independent evaluations.

Thanks.

EDIT: NOTE...THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED AS A FREE ASSISTANCE BY SAILNET MEMBERS FOR SAILNET MEMBERS. ALL FINDING ARE SIMPLY OPINIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS PROFESSIONAL EVALUATIONS OR RELIED UPON FOR ULTIMATE PURCHASE DECISIONS. THIS IS MERELY A HELPFUL SERVICE IN THE SPIRIT OF SAILORS HELPING OTHER SAILORS!

See less See more
#55 ·
Kentucky Lake, Lake Barkley, Pickwick, Lake of the Ozarks (MO), Lakes in Arkansas (Home state). Pretty well anything in SE Missouri, West Tennessee, West Kentucky, Southern Illinois, and Arkansas. I like stomping up and down boat docks, so a mission makes a good excuse!
DD

#60 ·
Looks like I'll be spending the majority of my time in NC, so anything from Beaufort/Morehead City to the VA line, I can probably do. I'm mostly on the Nuese, from New Bern to Oriental.

#62 ·
South Florida here....Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

This post has been deleted
#65 ·
You need ten posts minimum to PM someone... I'd recommend you post in the song chain thread, in the off-topic forum, until you have 10 posts.
hi I think I was supposed to pm this but it wont let me, Id like to be contacted by the person who's volunteered to do ct. pomfret center area thanks in advance gerald(gerald_blizzard(at)comcast.net)

#67 ·
Elizabeth City NC and many miles in any direction

I live in E-city but I travel a lot. I spend lots of weekend camping and road-tripping wit my son so there is no place for a couple hundred miles in Eastern NC and the Chespeake that i would not be willing to go

I don't have a lot of boat expertise but I'm a full time technical photographer. i can bring back crystal clear photos of any object anywhere under any conditions.

Any excuse to wander around a boat yard.

This post has been deleted
#72 ·
#73 ·
Sydney, Australia.

Not that it would be much use, given most of you are in the US of A, and you would be basically out of your friggin mind as an American to buy a boat in OZ given boats are as a rule much dearer downunder. However my hat is in the ring for other aussies or for an extraordinary circumstance where someone international was looking at a boat down here.

#75 ·
Northern New Jersey

I am Jersey City and willing to look at boats within an hour or so of here. I started with a Mirror dinghy and now (6 boats later) have a Bristol 45.5. I also do almost all of my own work so I would consider myself to be an experienced amateur.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.