SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   Local boat buying assistance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/38505-local-boat-buying-assistance.html)

xort 11-14-2007 10:16 PM

Local boat buying assistance

Many of us are shopping for boats far & wide. It would be nice to get a preliminary idea of a particular boats condition before spending time & money to go see that boat.
This thread can be a resource for 'remote eyes'. I propose that those that are willing to take a peek at a boat for sale put your location here. This would not constitute a survey or recomendation or anything more than one persons opinion.

PLEASE keep these posts short & direct to the locations offered and perhaps time of year. Do not clog this thread with various opinions on a boat visited or other stuff.

Any inquiries for help should be made by Private Message only, off line. Keep the communications private.

Comments regarding findings should only be shared on a separate thread and only with the agreement of both sailnetters.

Brokers, please refrain from joining in here. This is for independent evaluations.

Thanks.

EDIT: NOTE...THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED AS A FREE ASSISTANCE BY SAILNET MEMBERS FOR SAILNET MEMBERS. ALL FINDING ARE SIMPLY OPINIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS PROFESSIONAL EVALUATIONS OR RELIED UPON FOR ULTIMATE PURCHASE DECISIONS. THIS IS MERELY A HELPFUL SERVICE IN THE SPIRIT OF SAILORS HELPING OTHER SAILORS!

xort 11-14-2007 10:17 PM

Detroit Michigan area

AjariBonten 11-14-2007 10:22 PM

Good thought Zort......

I'll volunteer. As I mentioned in the other thread; anywhere within about 2 hours of Corning NY, which would include the shore of Lakes Erie and Ontario from Erie PA to about Syracuse NY.

It probably would not be on short notice though; but I doubt we'd be asking for other's in-expert assistance in a time critical situation anyway.

I would be happy to do it in exchange for being informed about your particular purchase, and maybe a copy of the survey you get if the sale goes that far. The education I would get from making my observations then comparing them to those of the eventual buyer and surveyor would more than offset my time and gas.

This could be fun........

sailingdog 11-14-2007 10:59 PM

I'd be willing to cover Eastern Massachusetts, basically the greater Boston Metro area. If necessary and gas costs are covered I'd be willing to cover the Cape, Northern Rhode Island and Southern New Hampshire. Like Ajari, if any of the boats I look at go to survey, I'd like to see the survey report.

EDIT: I'll leave RI to TB et al.

davidpm 11-14-2007 11:12 PM

I'll cover Connecticut

Cruisingdad 11-15-2007 01:03 AM

Texoma, TX at the moment. I may be able to do all of the Dallas area. SW Fl is a possibility depending on the timing, as is S coast Texas.

- CD

BarryL 11-15-2007 01:04 AM

Hello,

Put me down for Long Island, NY.

Barry

Faster 11-15-2007 01:50 AM

I'd be happy to help in the Vancouver BC area

merttan 11-15-2007 02:53 AM

Central connecticut reporting for duty... Old saybrook to Mystic shoreline area I can do...
I'd bring a digital camera to take pictures as well and list of items to be checked...
Thus we can share pictures and discuss problems in different forums...
I love this idea!

tamas52 11-15-2007 03:35 PM

Pacific North West

i gladly cover Puget Sound<Seattle, BC, and so on..