SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

1984 Renken 18, anyone ever messed with one?

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DAK1 
#1 ·
I might be able to get a 1984 Renken 18 soon. It seems to be in good shape from what ive seen. Theres no bottom paint on it so i can see the gelcoat and don't see any blisters. Its on a trailer, but its not the right type of trailer.

Im thinking of buying this and having my sisters kids help me fix it up, then in a few years give it to them. I like that its not a centreboard boat, but a fixed keel.

#2 ·
Hey,

I dont know if you'll ever see this or not but yeah, actually i own a renken 18. It is my first boat and i have really enjoyed it. i have had it since summer 2005. it was almost too much for me to handle by just reading a "how to sail" book and putting in it the water but i haven't gotten into any serious trouble or damage. its like one of the guys in my sailing club says, "sailing is the only sport where you can scare the s**t out of yourself doing 8 miles an hour."

Anyway, i hope you bought the boat and are enjoying it as much as i have been.

DAK1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.