SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   For those who appreciate quality!! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/41221-those-who-appreciate-quality.html)

Maine Sail 03-10-2008 11:30 AM

For those who appreciate quality!!

The listing I linked to bellow is of a 2000 Robinhood 36 (Cape Dory 36). This particular boat was owned by a famous musician who resided on the Maine Coast & sadly just recently passed away.

The owner kept this boat in FLAWLESS condition and I have seen it up close and spent considerable time conversing with the late owner about the construction and his maintenance of this fine vessel.

This boat is a STEAL at this price! I know the owner had a LOT more than that into it..

She is beautiful and pristine and I have NO interest in this at all other than to pass on the news of a true 1% boat (less than 1% of all boats are in this condition). This boat is really rare in terms of condition and some one would get a great deal!

Robinhood 36

sailingdog 03-10-2008 11:35 AM

What a pretty boat... missing a couple of hulls though IMHO. :) Thanks for the heads up, I've forwarded it to a friend who's looking for a leadmine in that size range. :)

kwaltersmi 03-10-2008 12:05 PM

Very beautiful. I love the green hull. Unfortunately, I don't appreciate quality. Either that, or I don't have $189k to part with. ;)

Bardo 03-10-2008 12:13 PM

Heavy Sigh. I COULD have that boat. Or I COULD have my wife. I COULDN'T have both. I'll let her know she's out!

sanctuarysam 03-10-2008 12:21 PM

The listing I linked to bellow is of a 2000 Robinhood 36 (Cape Dory 36). This particular boat was owned by a famous musician who resided on the Maine Coast & sadly just recently passed away.

so..uhm, who owned this boat?..she is a stunning example of someone who cared deeply about her.
if only.....

camaraderie 03-10-2008 02:07 PM

I'm sure she won't last long regardless of what the BUC book says! Quality and care are evident.

Maine Sail 03-10-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanctuarysam (Post 280296)

so..uhm, who owned this boat?..she is a stunning example of someone who cared deeply about her.
if only.....

I guess it's in the public domain so why not..

Dan Fogleberg's Web Site

Cruisingdad 03-10-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halekai36 (Post 280429)
I guess it's in the public domain so why not..

Dan Fogleberg's Web Site

That is just great Halekai. If my wife see this I will own two boats... then I will ban you and send gweedo your way!!!! HEHEHE!

All I can say is THANK GOD BARRY MANELOW'S BOAT IS NOT FOR SALE!!!

- CD

In all seriousness, beautiful boat. I did not know he was a sailor. Liveaboard or just occasional sailor? Did you know him?

sailaway21 03-10-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisingdad (Post 280514)
That is just great Halekai. If my wife see this I will own two boats... then I will ban you and send gweedo your way!!!! HEHEHE!

All I can say is THANK GOD BARRY MANELOW'S BOAT IS NOT FOR SALE!!!

- CD

In all seriousness, beautiful boat. I did not know he was a sailor. Liveaboard or just occasional sailor? Did you know him?

And then it won't seem so incongruous to see you in the quality boat thread as well. (g) A tip of the cap to the inestimable Mrs CD.

starboardyacht 03-11-2008 12:16 AM

"The leader of the band is gone" ..... but he obviously loved that boat, hope it goes to someone who appreciates it as much... gonna put on "run for the roses", and toast cap'n dan right now.........