Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008

sck5 is on a distinguished road
My son is 15 and a fanatical sailor. He will sail even a bathtub if it would float but one of the biggest incentives at the moment is taking the blond girl down the street out on the lake. I guess you would call that "recreation" though I know for a fact that he is facing some competition for this girl. And I am middle aged and boring by now but taking my woman out alone and floating around is still an incentive for me.

The point is that kids get to a point where they want an activity that makes them attractive to potential love interests. Put a pretty girl on a boat and the teenage guys fall all over themselves sailing after her.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sck5 View Post
Put a pretty girl on a boat and the teenage guys fall all over themselves sailing after her.
ehehehehhe

That is what happened to my son...... silly boy.... see here

Last edited by Giulietta; 04-30-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-30-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Damn, I'm gonna have to buy my daughter a faster boat.
Old 04-30-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C View Post
Damn, I'm gonna have to buy my daughter a faster boat.

Be carefull..make sure its not a bad design with a rudder that may break...
Old 04-30-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Above, teen boys falling over themselves to sail with the girls, why one needs boats other than opti's and lasers to sail in or on.

Along with why some club should have sloop style boats too. Some people do not like to sail alone on the boat, others prefer to be part of a team of two or three! They then do better overall.

In the end, when one asks what boat? what do you want to teach the students, be they kids, under age 12, teens, or adults? SOme are better trying to sail a laser, others a 420, thistle, C-Lark, Lightning etc.

Now to figure out what to do with them boys chasing my daughters.......any one have a shotgun i can clean on the dock, and as I point an empty barrel at said teen boy, asking him if "is the barrel is clean enough?"

Along with giving te shotgun to other teen daughters parents to aim at my boyz! ehehehehe, fair play is fair play is it not?

Marty
Old 04-30-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
You might get turned in as a terrorist doing that Marty - with the new - every boater is terrorist watchdog. Now if you have one of those propelled spear guns. That would probably scare them even more as they know if you hit the mark, you can drag them back to you. If I had a daughter - thats what I would be putting out for teenage boy's display...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-30-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
hmmmm a spear gun........hmmmmmmmmmmm

That might work Jody.

As far as T34C's daughter needing a faster boat, figure out that does not work, at least with snow ski's, daughters slow down just enough to think the poor boy can catch them, then off they go! or get caught on purpose! Not sure there is the right answer here..........
Old 05-13-2008

captjim46 is on a distinguished road
Optimist Pram Mold and Templates Available

Hi, my name is Jim Holley, and I live near Oriental, NC. A group of local woodworkers and myself just completed Optimist Pram 12 of 12. We built 8 of these boat to be used to start a local kids sailing program. The mold and templates were built by a well known local wooden boat craftsman, Tom Lathrop. Using the mold we were able to complete the boats with about 100 man hours each. Total cost of each boat with new hardware, mast, and sail was under $1000.00
We were able to get local businesses to sponser most of the boats. They were also responsible for painting and marking them with their logos.
We are finished with the mold and templates, for the moment anyway, and would like to make them available to other groups with similar ambitions. We will loan the mold and templates to other builders who can come and pick them up and return them. We will require a $500.00, FULLY REFUNDABLE deposit to insure we get them back in good condition. PM me for further info.
Old 05-13-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Jim. I forwarded a copy of your message to our harbor master to see if they are interested in going that route. Great Idea!
Old 05-13-2008
Banned

tommyt is on a distinguished road
T34C,

You changed the criteria. Go to Traverse Area Community Sailing Traverse City Michigan and look at that program. Probably a little more than your marina might want, but it is a very successful program using Prams and Sunfish...moving to Lasers. Young kids double up or single in the Prams and have little problem. Sometimes funny watching them figure it our, but a light eventually goes on. They have a older Whaler with an instructor on the water at all times when they are out. From that you can give directions or help with any emergency.

No adults in the boats unless they have a light one out with one of the kids.