Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C View Post
Are you changing the name to something more ambiguous, like "Pat"?
You're a very, very bad man!
Old 04-09-2008

petegingras is on a distinguished road
Jody,

Looks good, inside and out, even the anchor is well appointed. One last thing, if it's a cash deal or even finance, do not over look an extra $250- $500 on a title search, yep it can be important.

You're familiar with this on a home, but i deem it more important on vessels. for the same reason we all love boating, it can take you anywhere you're mind and heart wish. So if someone has a lien on this vessel, it's tangible property, they won’t with quick court order, hesitate to haul it and prohibit access until the lean is settled. And if a seller has cash in hand, and your vessel has the lien, there’s no persuasive desire for the seller to settle the lien.

Sorry for the somber example, but you’ve done so much right.
Old 04-09-2008

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Jody,

Very nice!! I'm not familiar with the make, but it certainly looks (and rates!) like a performance oriented racer-cruiser. Beautiful interior. Congrats to you, and keep us posted with some more photos and impressions once you've had a chance to sail her around a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
To answer questions (and thanks everyone)

Q: T34C Are you changing the name to something more ambiguous, like "Pat"?

I am renaming it "Hello Gorgeous", it was originally named Mischief, and last owner named it Veritas.. Since I plan on this one sticking around awhile, may as well re-name her.

Point: Petegingras do not over look an extra $250- $500 on a title search

That is being done as well, I do not anticipate any issues as the prev owner paid cash for it as well - but with a purchase such as this, I am not taking the risk Thanks for bring that up.

Q: Faster: Was the interior shot yours? Extremely well kept if so.

Interior shot is from the brokers ad - however, looks as good in person. That was one of the driving motivations, as I have no real interest in racing per se, but I wanted a vessel big enough and with a interior that worked for entertaining, and as well looked polished from the get go. It even has two heads, working galley (stove / oven with propane), and the vberth has headroom and stowage out the wazooo...I'll take more interior shots when I finally get to take ownership and do a little "decor" assignment..

Q: Simon: lovely boat jody, whats happening to the old barge?

Good question. The entire decision to purchase this one was driven by the amount of work I need to do the Catalina. The more I thought of it - a 10K boat is a 10K boat - at what point is the investment of 15K or more , and the time - to fix all the items and what not when I can only still sell it at 10K. Additionally - after 2 years of 27 feet with 8 foot beam, I was tired of being cramped with guests on board.

When I thought of my priorities - my social life consists of the marina and sailing - its the one time of year I get from under all the other pressures and the likes and I am actually the happiest... so for now - it is gutted, and most of the gear that I added in or replaced new will go into the new one. I may just sell it as a bare hull and let someone else go at it..or sadly - scrap it unless someone comes along and sees it as a platform for themselves to do the work and go...

Point: Pollard: I'm not familiar with the make,

It is Italian designed and built - Barbaris Cantieri built to Andrea Valicelli design. Barberis produced sailboats for only 6 or so years but they became very popular. Being a Mediterranean design, she has a notably bigger rig than other boats of her size, as is sail area. Hence in very light airs she may be the only yacht around that’s moving (as demonstrated in during my test sail)...and welcomed immensely as light air is what we get predominantly down in Seattle...Charlie is much more lucky as he is located in what is called a convergence zone as evidenced by some of his adventures.

Barberis Show came in 29, 34, 38, and 42 feet depending on the years... the 38 I believe was only produced for 1982-1986. The hallmark of the vessel was the interior design. It has foam cored decks, cored from toerail down to just above the waterline and then is solid grp. For racing it comes well equipped as well - some 14 winches on board....and it has a Flying Dutchman flaking system - and I was very impressed with it - it really works!...

Hope that answers all

My Purchase Update-img_6790.jpg

Max prop

My Purchase Update-img_6800.jpg

Full view with surveyor checking the entire hull...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or

Last edited by artbyjody; 04-09-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-09-2008

buckeyesailor is on a distinguished road
VERY nice looking boat Jody...Congrats!
Old 04-09-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
good on ya!... Jody...She's a beauty

Alright Charlie...Jody starts LAST...
With that 102 rating, he may very well be last across the line.
Old 04-09-2008
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCobra View Post
With that 102 rating, he may very well be last across the line.
Probably won't finish there.
Old 04-09-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
It is not too bad a boat, does look nice from the outside when we went by last saturday. It does look reasonably fast too.

May have to attempt to race Jody with my rig, probably will not do too well! with a 203 rating currently boat for boat!!!!!

Marty
Old 04-09-2008

CS271409 is on a distinguished road
Great looking boat. I remember watching the keel of our CS27 touch the water for the first time on the travel lift when it was finally ours. What a great feeling. Enjoy!
Old 04-09-2008
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
That ain't no boat, that's a YACHT.

Hello Gorgeous, indeed!