Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008

danontuba is on a distinguished road
marty, thanks for the links...I will check them out. soontobe, Yes, itīs legal, but often there surely are import duties of 60% or more that make these purchases not worthwhile. what Iīd like to know is: what exactly makes a bluewater boat a bluewater boat? Is it just a matter of stronger rigging?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-2008
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
THere are two passport 40's here in Alameda, both under 140k. I have been on both of them. While one is better than the other, both are in decent condition. Great boat to live aboard and they will take you most anywhere if outfitted right. Do a yachtworld search and you will see them.

Vaya con Dios
Old 04-20-2008

I've had trouble logging onto this site for several days. Used firefox and IE browsers. will keep trying to search. thank you, fog
Old 04-20-2008
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
No need to log in. Just go to the main page, under the pull down menu "boats" on the top bar, go to "advanced search" and type in your criteria.

Vaya con Dios
Old 04-20-2008

I always get "Internal Server Error" from here....
Old 05-13-2011

Robjota is on a distinguished road
Smile ..dream sailboat...

Hi,
I am planning to sell my sailboat that maybe suits your needs..
Its a 36 Delta year 2004..
Loaded with important equipments as air conditioning..place ready to a generator(we had one but it was broken and we took it out)

Actually confort was my "si ne qua non" condition As wife/mother to agree t
Of buyinh a sailboat !
...its not on market yet and we want to sell it just to buy a bugger one..
Price im asking for it is 300 reais...boat is in Angra dos reis RJ
Tell me if you are interested ok? I can send you pictures and tell more about my second home boat!
Robjota at aol dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by danontuba View Post
Friends,

I am new to sailing and to this forum, and Iīm humbly asking for advice on purchasing a comfortable, modern sailboat to live aboard. (No, I have not had the chance to read past articles on this forum, but I will begin a search through the archives) Nevertheless, I am curious to post my questions, in case anyone might give some tips and insight.

Iīm seeking a comfortable boat to live aboard here in Brazil and possibly to spend some time in France as well. "Performance" is not a criteria at the moment, but the most comfort possible (like air conditioning, space, good bathrooms etc) is important to me.

My budget is probably not ideal: 90 to 100 thousand euros (140,000 USD) but it would be interesting to know what the experienced members consider the best cost/benefit in the (used or new) market for that budget level.

Iīm willing to travel to purchase the boat, so I would like to know which countries may offer the best prices. Here in South America, for example, there seems to be a big difference in prices between Argentina and Brazil, for example.

From what I have seen, boats smaller than 35 feet seem too cramped. The nicest sailboats I have seen so far at some Jeanneaus and Beneteaus (37 to 40 feet), but these are expensive here in Brazil due to high taxes and import duties. Perhaps there is a more efficient market in France?

Well, thanks for any input. Anyone wanting information about Brazil, donīt hesitate to ask.

Daniel

Old 05-13-2011

dhays is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robjota View Post
Hi,
I am planning to sell my sailboat that maybe suits your needs..
Considering that the OPs first and last post on the board was over 3 years ago, he has either found a boat or lost interest.

Dave
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2011

Robjota is on a distinguished road
..still a dream sailboat!

Ahah...i didnt see it!!Anyway it is still a great sailboat to someone that is seeking for a confortable boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
Considering that the OPs first and last post on the board was over 3 years ago, he has either found a boat or lost interest.

Dave