Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008

RickQuann is on a distinguished road
I purchased a Force 5 dingy for my son last year on Ebay. Easy transaction and smooth sailing since. Fun boat too, especially in 15-20 knots.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2008

cjmcfall is on a distinguished road
Update: The person who bought the boat is a soldier in Iraq. He will be coming home sometime in July. I have been dealing with his parents who are still here in Michigan.

Everything is going as smoothly as possible, I have the check and will cash it today, then send them the title as soon as the funds clear.

Still no idea on the amount of $$ ebay and paypal will charge. I can't believe she is actually gone, sad day!
Old 04-25-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
But now the fun begins looking for the next one!
Old 04-25-2008

witzgall is on a distinguished road
We found our boat on eBay, but did not buy it that way. Then auction ended with no bids, then we went to see the boat, and two days later, made an offer about 25% less then the opening price on eBay. It was accepted, and now four months later, we ahve her ready for the first sail this weekend!!!

Chris
Old 04-25-2008

I know and can't wait. I am actually going to be taking a temporary step back. I am currently looking for a small day/wet sailor that I can tow behind my car. We just bought a cabin in northern Michigan so I would like to spend most of my time up there this summer, but will need to bring the boat with me.

Anyone need crew on Lake Charlevoix this summer?

I am thinking a hobie, laser, or zuma. I don't really care what it is but I am keeping my eye on craigslist for the best deal. Any suggestions?
Old 04-25-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
CJ,
Sounds like a plan, good luck. I used to spend a lot of time in Charlevoix, beautiful place!
Old 04-25-2008

Shannon, yeah I can't wait to spend some time up there. We will actually be spending most of our time in Boyne City, MI, its on the south shore of the lake. Are you from up there?
Old 04-25-2008
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmcfall View Post
Update: The person who bought the boat is a soldier in Iraq. He will be coming home sometime in July. I have been dealing with his parents who are still here in Michigan.
Yesterday, I received the May/June Good Old Boat magazine. Page 54 has an article written by a GI in Iraq who bought a boat online. I haven't read the article -yet. Is this teh same boat? Or, is this a trend?

"'To heck with delayed gratification" I thought. Life is short. It could end tomorrow...'"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems
Old 04-25-2008

cj,
No, I used to spend a lot of time at the nuke plant up there before they tore it down. Would fly into Traverse City and then drive up. I liked the town of Petoski also. Not so nice in the winter though.
Old 04-25-2008

I seriously doubt it is the same guy, but maybe they are friends I think if I were in Iraq I would be pretty excited about the idea of siting on the back of my new boat having a few cocktails. It would probably make it a lot easier to get through the day.

Heck, it is what helps me get through my day, and I am pretty confident no one will be shooting at me.

I chatted with the new owner this morning online, he seems really excited. As he should be.