SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

I bought a boat. PSC 25

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Sapperwhite 
#1 ·
Well after years of looking at and around boats I finally bought my liveaboard. I've looked at 24-37 feet FRP and steel. I've always liked Pacific Seacraft boats and found a 1978 25 footer nearby. It was in the paper and I almost didn't go look at it. I had already written it off because it doesn't have standing headroom. The 19 footer I have now doesn't either and it was a deal breaker for my liveaboard. Until I saw the boat and crawled around it. It was to good of a deal to pass up, and I really liked the boat. The idea of a cruiser without a mortgage attached to it sold me from the beginning. No bills means more cruising, less working. It needs a lot of work. I just finished ripping up the entire main cabin so I could change out the water and fuel tanks in the bilge. Going to rebuild the furniture and cabinets. It's been a great learning process and I have a lot of skilled friends to help out. I'll try to post some pics. Brandon

Oh well I can't get the pics to upload. I'll try again later

#4 ·
Snider-

Congrats on the new to you boat... read the post in my signature, as it has a good description of how to get photos on sailnet.... not using their posting feature, since it's basically busted.

#6 ·
Brandon,

Congrats (again)!!

So, did you end up with a Mark 1 or Mark 2 (sprit) ? Standard full keel, or one of the very rare keel/CBs?

P.S. The boat on Yachtworld that you posted a link to appears to have an add-on sprit, different from the standard one seen on the Mark 2. If you ended up with a sprit-less Mark 1, boy wouldn't it be nice to add a sprit like that one!?

#9 ·
Psc 25

It's a full keel with cutaway forefoot. Also it's a sloop rig with the bowsprit. The previous owner said the sprit was from the factory but it was replaced due to hurricane damage. If it didn't have the sprit I would add one. It helps so much with the sail area and just looks right. I linked to some photos on the yahoo group. Not sure if you can see them without being a member. Brandon
PSC 25 Hull # 221 ;)

#12 ·
Congratulations, Snider... nice boats they are!

#15 ·
Looks like a lot of work ahead of you.

#18 ·
Cap rail

Hey I need to replace the cap rail. What would be a good wood to use? I want something that looks good varnished. The lumber store guy suggested teak. I know a lot of old schooners were built of white oak, which us impervious to water. What do you guys think? Brandon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.