SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

A Picture of My New Boat

6K views 38 replies 31 participants last post by  mccary 
#1 ·
Thanks everybody for the encouraging words and congratulations. I am psyched, as is my wife and kids. Now, the $ drain begins... I do have some $ to play with so I need a new VHF and a chartplotter. Suggestions? Oh yeah, here she is.

montenido

Attachments

See less See more
#28 ·
Congrats on your new boat. I'm also shopping for a boat, we have found one we like and hopefully will finalize next week.

I'm also in the Southern California area, the boat we are looking at is in San Pedro and I'm on the list for a slip in Long Beach. Where is your boat going to be slipped at?

Yes, a whole new adventure coming up.

Pat

#30 ·
Thanks for the great info

Hi, all. Great suggestions from everybody. I currently have handheld models of GPS and VHF radio. The cockpit radio is dead, so that needs replacing for sure. As for all the canvas, I know it is a good thing, but I need to clean it up. I will send some better pics once I have gotten to shine her up a bit. She will be docked in Channel Islands Harbor, and Sailhog, if our boats were separated at birth, yours got better owners/parents. Very pretty. As someone suggested, I will just start sailing her around and see what I need as far as add-ons. The only pressing item is the bottom paint and running rigging. Thanks for all the kind words.

montenido

#33 ·
Montenido,
I have a suggestion for an inexpensive GPS set up on a C30... Run your twelve volt line from your breaker to the starboard lazarette, and then up your binacle where you attach the Garmin or whatever. Here's the set up on my C30. It's the only picture I could find...

#34 ·
Sailhog-

I see your youngest takes after you a bit... Thank god the mother is pretty enough to offset your gene contribution. :)

#35 ·
SD, Montenido
I posted this picture for the technical information it conveys -- kinda sorta. Behind the little girl making the pig snout with her thumbs is the coming out of the lazarette. This set up, however, makes the wire an obstacle when climbing behind the wheel, as you can catch it on your foot. A better set up could easily be made. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

#36 ·
Of course, none of that is clearly visible due to the cute kid with the hog snout.

#37 ·
Yes I definitely see the merritt of this installation....

The look of shear terror...the look of belittlement... and the look of indecision...:p :p

BFWIW...You are a wealthy man...

#38 ·
I have been using the Garmin 4208 chartplotter for about 6 months, It has been great and I have used it in all weather. I however don't have any other experience with anything other than Garmin. I am a pilot and I have been using Garmin for years in my planes so I think its reliable and really easy to install. BTW I like you boat CONGGRATS!

#39 ·
Congratulations on the new family member! Don't worry about the money...

On my boat's website I have a quote from Mark Twain, "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did." So go out and make some fond memories!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.