Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008

dell30rb is on a distinguished road
Pearson Coaster

Going to look at a pearson coaster next week. I searched here and on google and couldn't really come up with a whole lot of info on these old boats, they don't seem to be as popular as the wanderer or pearson 30. I've always liked pearsons and really like the look/design of the coaster. Seems a little slow but that's ok. I'm looking to buy with 2 other guys my age, as a low budget coastal cruiser.

According to the owner its got the atomic4, with a new water pump and ignition. Also has good sails, sail covers, "recent" standing rigging and somewhat new cushions/etc. New bottom paint as of this year. Needs teak work and deck paint, something we can do ourselves. The guy wants $5000 for the boat. Sound like a good deal for us? We don't have much money, 5000 is pretty much the limit of our budget right now, but plenty of "sweat equity" and a little bit of knowhow. Most of the use will be coastal cruising around the outer banks and chesapeake bay. Maybe an extended cruise to florida or bahamas (hopefully with another boat) if we find the coaster to be sturdy enough.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2008
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
join the Pearson email list here on Sailnet and ask your questions there. I think some Coaster owners are on that list. also check out Pearson Information site.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Old 07-17-2008

nolatom will become famous soon enough
It could be perfect for you, or could be a hole in the water into which you'll pour money without end.

How to know? Engage a competent marine surveyor and heed the advice you're given.

You won't regret it..
Old 07-18-2008

RXBOT is on a distinguished road
Might be suitable

First of full keel draws about 4.5 feet, 9500#-3500# ballast, LOA 30 Lwl 23.35 beam 9.33, SA- Disp 15.05 so not 2 good 4 light air and shallow water. But the price is right if it is in reasonabl shape.