. . . I guess you have no ICW plans!
How soon will you take delivery? All best with her!!
Thanks Cam. She actually has an airdraft of 63'6", so theoretically we should be able to do the ditch, perhaps not at the highest tide for some of the bridges. That'll be the subject of another thread I start when we're closer to sliding south for a year.
Delivery time is the question we are working now. I want her as soon as possible, and it's a question of when Beneteau can get her to our dealer. We are hoping to be on her with our boys the week of August 18, which means I really want to get her the weekend before (August 9). Even then I'm sure we'll fumble through that first week on her trying to learn her systems, probably run the batteries dead or something similarly pathetic.
An issue we'll have is getting some of the options installed by the dealer before we go. We've agreed that they'll install what they can by the time we want to take the boat, and then install the remainder over the winter. The biggest item is something we so rarely use that it's fine by me if it gets installed later, and that's air conditioning. There's other stuff too, like davits and teak on the cockpit floor. There are some options that we won't leave the dock without that must be dealer installed, like an autopilot (who makes a 49 foot boat and doesn't put an autopilot in at the factory while the deck is off?), inverter/charger, and canvas. Then there are others that fall in between and we'd like to get done for our trip, but are not really essential, such as the electric primary winches, television, and Max Prop.
So, that's a long way of saying we expect to have her in mid August, but some equipment might not yet be installed by then.
I'll post pictures as soon as I have them (no point in posting generic pictures of any old B49; I'll wait till I have them of our girl).