Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Congrats on the new Ranger 22'. We have a 23' Ranger in our racing fleet that usually is quite competitive with us in our Tartan 27' (which I would have mentioned if I had caught your thread earlier).
So you have the new boat and that is a good thing. If your marina has a crane you can put on a bosuns chair and go up to the top of the mast on it to retrieve the lost/broken halyard which is easier than getting hauled up by the mast and halyards.
As to the nasty orange sticky mess left behind by the carpet headliner coming down you will need some solvents and scrubbing done on the sections you want to clean up and/or re-do.
Get out there while there are still phosphorescence in the water.
Enjoy.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-25-2008
Com-pac 23

relamb is on a distinguished road
Try looking at Com-pac Yachts

You might try looking at Com-pac yachts, they are made in the Clearwater area and were designed for the type of sailing around Tampa. Shoal draft, but very seaworthy in a variety of sizes from 16' to 27' and prices from $2500 on up to over $30,000 depending on size and age. I have sailed a com-pac 16 from the Fort DeSoto park ramp all around the Tampa-St Pete area and out around Egmont Key. Pick your weather conditions right and you can go 5-7 miles offshore easily enough, I've sailed the compac 16 in 5' choppy seas at the mouth of the bay with the tide going out and the wind blowing in.
You just have to be careful of the cruise ships and freighters because you're sure not going to outrun them ! I just purchased a compac 23 and look forward to making some longer trips in it.
Old 12-26-2008

Allanbc is on a distinguished road
I used to have a Montgomery 17. It was a great little boat and I'm sure it could handle more weather at sea than I.

Difference between a power boater and a sailor out on the water: A power boater is going some place special, a sailor is already there.

s/v Zotz 1981 Pearson 365 Ketch Hull #375
Old 12-27-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Montgomery 17's are very seaworthy little boats. One was custom modified by the factory for a circumnavigation attempt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.