SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   tdw Finds his boat (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/46387-tdw-finds-his-boat.html)

Stillraining 08-25-2008 12:18 AM

tdw Finds his boat

Its true..tdw test sailed his new boat today..in company of most his home town.
Fuzzy and Mrs. Wombat continually lost each other aboard but were reunited long enough for a momentary heilo fly by wave photo op.

YouTube - Mirabella V

TxLnghrn 08-25-2008 06:43 AM

Heck......I'm going to have to start being much..much...much...much...much...much...much...mu ch...much...much...much...much...much...much...muc h...much...much...much...much...much...much...much ...much...much...much...much...much...much...much. ..much...much...much...much...much...much...much.. .much...much...much...much...much...much...much... much...much...much...much...much...much...much...m uch...much...much...much...much...much...much...mu ch...much...much...much...much...much...much...muc h...much...much...much...much...much...much...much ...much...much...much...much...much...much...much. ..much...much...much...much...much...much...much.. .much...much...much...much...much...much...much... much...much...much...much...much...much...much...m uch...much...much...much...much...much...much...mu ch...much...much...much...much...much...much...muc h...much...much...much...much...much...much...nice r to the wombat :D
Michael

jrd22 08-25-2008 10:51 AM

Hmmmm.... six people to raise main, 18000 sq. ft. genoa, seems a bit much for a Wombat and Mrs. to handle, to say nothing about getting it into the slip :D . 19 knots sounds like fun though, when can I go for a sail Wombat?

John

chris_gee 08-25-2008 05:07 PM

$300,000 US a week charter fee - nice. Did you give them a cheque? Say 80K a day. You dealing in drugs on the side?

sailaway21 08-25-2008 09:16 PM

Rest easy you slackers. Should the inimitable marsupial land the big one he'll not forget his friends at sailnet in pursuit of crewing needs. Personally, I'm hoping to land a cushy position tending to the marsupian hammock. I figure that the fact that I can operate a 21 speed blender and am the last man alive who comprehends the Dewey decimal card catalog are huge selling points that will keep me isolated from you deck apes at the halyards!

sailingdog 08-25-2008 09:29 PM

The other point sway isn't mentioning is that he's getting too old to haul halyards, even with an electric winch. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sailaway21 (Post 358515)
Rest easy you slackers. Should the inimitable marsupial land the big one he'll not forget his friends at sailnet in pursuit of crewing needs. Personally, I'm hoping to land a cushy position tending to the marsupian hammock. I figure that the fact that I can operate a 21 speed blender and am the last man alive who comprehends the Dewey decimal card catalog are huge selling points that will keep me isolated from you deck apes at the halyards!

Stillraining 08-25-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrd22 (Post 358259)
Hmmmm.... six people to raise main, 18000 sq. ft. genoa, seems a bit much for a Wombat and Mrs. to handle, to say nothing about getting it into the slip :D . 19 knots sounds like fun though, when can I go for a sail Wombat?

John

Who needs a slip...Its its own wharf...just need a 30' one for the tender...:p

CalebD 08-26-2008 02:25 AM

TDW say it is not so...

Your verbiage and that boat just somehow do not mesh.
I thought you had already upgraded to a bigger boat? So how can this be?
My guess is that Still may have a new career ahead in the charter business.
I doubt that any self respecting Wombat would want all those other people around his boat anyway.
Is 'Cold Play' even popular in OZ?
Since the Wombat himself did not start this post I am having real problems believing the believability of this thread.
Nice boat though if you have a few million lying around doing nothing and want to spend a few million more going about the globe whichever direction.
Maybe the next record will be for the north-south, south-north circumnavigation. North and south are the 'new' east west when it comes to circumnavs.
I want a hull that can make a channel through land masses and icebergs (think passive heating). Then I will spend the real money I don't have.
Luxurious as this looks I would like to see some cannon ports on the side so I could easily deter any pirates in the Red Sea off Somalia and Yemen.
(scroll down to read the account of pirates taking a sailing cruising ship in the link below).
I think that some upgrades are in order.

2008 Nightmare - S/V Le Ponant PIRATE ATTACK

Gary1 08-26-2008 07:28 AM

Personally, I shuddered when I watched the video. Miles of teak deck, more miles of things that want wax on them once a month.

As to docking, the Palmer Johnson 120 I visited down in FTL a few years back had twin screws plus bow and stern thrusters. You could wiggle that thing with just a couple of feet of clearance on both sides.

Sway, if you go hang out on that thing, make sure you take your buffer. You'll need it!

:D

Stillraining 08-26-2008 07:38 PM

Here is a Discovery Channel short documentary on Mirabella V it is pretty cool and very interesting to watch.

Woops Travel Channel....Looks like way more fun the Millenium Falcon...

YouTube - Mirabella V on Travel Channel