Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009

petmac is on a distinguished road

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2009

k1vsk will become famous soon enough
Rather than criticize the boat, one might question the intelligence of the people who purchase them - in this case, their sales figures indicate there are a lot of people to whom you can voice your indignation.
Old 01-08-2009

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
You question the intellegence of the buyer of a boat you don't lke...a member of this forum. And when a lady calls you on it you insult her.
Real nice piece of work there
Old 01-08-2009

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1vsk View Post
Rather than criticize the boat, one might question the intelligence of the people who purchase them - in this case, their sales figures indicate there are a lot of people to whom you can voice your indignation.
Poor taste...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 01-08-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
I do agree to a point. It's a much better sailboat than a power boat. The one we test sailed was really disappointing when it came to running up the motor. However I will say that even in the extremely light air we had that day we were still able to get some decent speed. Al that said, I still think the Hunter is WAY over priced for what you get.

I haven't tried a Mac so I have no basis for comparison.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Meet me at

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--
Old 01-08-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
I really do think that K1vsk was trying to say just the opposite of how you guys are interperting his remarks...but said it very poorly. He has said this in his further response (responding intemperately to an intemperate response).

May I suggest that we just let this die and take him at his word as he is not known here for beating up on people.
Old 01-08-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
A few years ago there was a Mac across the floater and a few slips down from where I keep my boat. One day the Mac was coming back in and was having trouble getting into his slip because of the wind, he must of had the center board up. The cry went out out to "give it some gas." It took 6 of us to push it off the floater where it stopped, bow against the bow of the boat in slip across from his.

Never Forgotten

Old 01-08-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
A few years ago there was a Mac across the floater and a few slips down from where I keep my boat. One day the Mac was coming back in and was having trouble getting into his slip because of the wind, he must of had the center board up. The cry went out out to "give it some gas." It took 6 of us to push it off the floater where it stopped, bow against the bow of the boat in slip across from his.
That can happen to any inexperienced boater though. My dad did something similar in his Chris Craft cabin cruiser. Wind was pushing him away from the slip so he gave it more gas. Too much more gas. Ended up punching a hole in the boat next to us. Luckily he knew how to work with fiberglass and was able to patch it.

Also so we're clear, My commentsL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgreenman
I do agree to a point. It's a much better sailboat than a power boat. The one we test sailed was really disappointing when it came to running up the motor. However I will say that even in the extremely light air we had that day we were still able to get some decent speed. Al that said, I still think the Hunter is WAY over priced for what you get.

I haven't tried a Mac so I have no basis for comparison.
were in response to seawitch's actual experience on board the 27E versus MY experience aboard the 27E.

Nuff said.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--
Old 01-08-2009

mrwuffles is on a distinguished road

Which of these things is not like the others which of these things just doesn't belong!!!
Old 01-09-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

The one on top doesn't have a bimini.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

--