Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
and for Christ's sake, what's with the pink flamingo's and/or dwarfs all over YOUR yard?
Excuse me, Mr. Judgemental.

I think the proper term is "diminutive lawn gnomes"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2009
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
The Bare Necessities!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptKermie View Post
...we should all dress like you, act like you, eat like you, walk like you, live like you, do as you do...
Oh, oobee doo
I wanna be like you
I wanna walk like you
Talk like you, too
You'll see it's true
An ape like me
Can learn to be humen too

Last edited by WouldaShoulda; 01-09-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2009
Hunter Edge 27 Hull#3

hightower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
The only reason T37Chef is ignoring this thread is that he knows he wants to go right out and buy one of these new boats...
Well, I really like your sail boat, my wife and I would really like a Cat but they are so expensive and right now with our family we do not have the time or luxury to have the boat sitting in one place that keeps us locked in that area. We have a week to get the boat on the trailor, go see that area for a week then come home. However one day, we will get the cat we always wanted. I started out on a 14 foot cat then a 16 then a 18 turbo then a Nacra 5.2, but not very family freindly if you want to sleep for the night. Again, she is a beautiful boat.
Old 01-09-2009
Hunter Edge 27 Hull#3

hightower is on a distinguished road
Enjoy the ride!

This is my first time on a sailing forum of any type and from what I can read all you guys/gals are alright. Some may find the Hunter Edge does not suit their taste for whatever reason but we all seem to agree on one thing, we love sailing. Sure if I did not have a teenage daughter who thinks sailing gets boring when there is no wind and practicing sailing knots while becalmed is not fun, or if I did not have another 5 year old daughter who thinks tubing is the height of a day on the lake or ocean and I had the time off to spend weeks getting there and coming back, I would have another type sail boat. But for now, this is the best compromise I can make for me and my family and in the end we all make some sort of compromise with the other woman in our life. I just finished reading the final book by Lin and Larry Pardey about their around the world adventures in the Sefaffyns . This is a sail boat they built to their specifications at the time. They lived on their boat for many years and at the end they loved their boat, but even they were drawn to the idea of what if I had this type boat. They eventually built that other boat and set off on a new adventure. So, for now most of us take what sail boat we have at the time for our own sailing adventure. We are having fun doing what we love and that is spending time on the water, meeting other sailors who share the same passion for sailing. If I am lucky, every now and then I get to share a really good scotch with a fellow sailor, share some tall tale sailing stories and thinking how those landlubbers are missing one hell of a ride.
Old 01-09-2009
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
We are having fun doing what we love and that is spending time on the water, meeting other sailors who share the same passion for sailing. If I am lucky, every now and then I get to share a really good scotch with a fellow sailor, share some tall tale sailing stories and thinking how those landlubbers are missing one hell of a ride.
Om the end, that's all that matters.

Personally I love the concept of the power sailor and would buy one myself but so far nothing I've experienced (which pretty much is just the Hunter) is quite right for me. So until then I'm keeping my powerboat and looking for a trailerable sailboat.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Meet me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--