Buyer's Remorse - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-02-2008 Thread Starter

Buyer's Remorse

I just tuned in to the forum homepage and saw the "Buyer's..." thread title, which refers to buyers' market. I thought about buyer's remorse though and wondered if anyone here has had any remorse with one of their purchases.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-02-2008

Sales 101

Buy on emotion..rationalize with logic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sab30
post #3 of 6 Old 10-02-2008

always have buyers remorse. Not so much because I'm unhappy with the boat, but it never fails, I'll hunt for months or longer to find something, then finally buy one, and a few days later I'll be seeing the same thing everywhere for half the price I paid.

I can normally console myself with the fact that I'm a good judge of how much work a boat needs, and don't end up with junk, they may look like it when I drag them home, but they're always pretty solid and in good physical shape.

Ken.
post #4 of 6 Old 10-03-2008

I'm not sure what I'm experiencing is buyers remorse, because like merc, we are both really satisified with our new boat and we made sure we could pay for it. That said, in light of recent events, I'm concerned about how it will affect our other financial goals.

Had this melt down occured before I'd bought, I would not have bought the boat. I alternate days thinking its a good thing I did buy and wishing I had that money in savings.

PalmettoSailor
s/v Palmetto Moon
1991 Catalina 36
post #5 of 6 Old 10-04-2008

I had/have sellers remorse after selling our Baba 30, but now I just think about all of that teak to take care of and I get "cured" real fast. Our new boat has a teak cap rail and hand-holds and that's it.

Nowadays I get buyer's remorse just going to the grocery store and gassing up the car!!!!!!!!!

"There's a wind in my sails that protects and prevails." - "Six Months in a Leaky Boat", Split Enz
post #6 of 6 Old 10-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifesailor View Post
... in light of recent events, I'm concerned about how it will affect our other financial goals.

Had this melt down occured before I'd bought, I would not have bought the boat. I alternate days thinking its a good thing I did buy and wishing I had that money in savings.
That's precisely where I'm at.

Our boat's an older boat, has had a bunch of stuff moved around topsides due to upgrades, and has a couple of other issues that would make her a hard sell. So if things turn really sour, it has occured to me we might have to end-up donating her just to get out from under the maintenence costs. That would really hurt, and not just financially .

I do not regret the purchase, but I wouldn't have done it had it been this year, rather than last.

Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.