Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Too crowded for my tastes, mostly. But, I'll end up there if I need to. Best part of not having a schedule, go where, when, and if I wanna.

If the weather is accurate (did I actually say that?), I'll stick here tonight and leave early in the am tomorrow.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2007

saurav16 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to saurav16
Are you guys writing these posts from your boats? If so how are you getting internet?
Old 05-15-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
I am. I'm using Verizon Wireless through a PMICA card.

Currently at Indian Key, Florida

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 05-15-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Where are you PB? If you are close to Sanibel, go up the ICW and stop off at Cabbage Key. Have a $10 burger, a $5 corona, a lot of bug spray and a good time. Put a dollar on the wall up by Buffett.

You are a mobile tourist... now act like one!! (smile).

Hope you are doing well.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-15-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

CD - I'm presently at Indian Key, between Lower and Upper Matecumbe Keys, on the ocean side (Hawk Channel). Inside route seems like it's meant for powerboats, not sailboats. Some really skinny water in there.

I'm not doing the touristy thing on this leg. I'll be back down here this winter and do it then. Right now, I just want to head north before Hurricane season starts.

Currently at Indian Key, Florida

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 05-15-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Hurricane season? In Florida? Did not know there was such a thing! You sure?

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-15-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

It's the rumor I heard. Besides, I have to get to NC before Cam up and drives away

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 05-15-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Lemme know when you get close so I can put her in gear!! (G)
Old 07-31-2011

otiscj37 is on a distinguished road
Cat.-22 vs. Mac. 22

To most people the Cat.22 seems better finished off. But if you look close, and take some time, you will see the rigging on the Mac. 22 is much better. The side shrouds have chain plates(bolted to the hull), where the Cat 22 has them bolted to the deck? Yes they have doubles, but not as strong. I have fixed to many Cat. 22`s in my life! Also, there are 4 very small bolts that hold the keel on(you better be seeing they are tight!) Don`t care much for that(much to light weight for me), but the Cat. 25 is worst. Also, the Mac 22 sails better, and tows much better(take much less time to put up, and down at the lake.) It sits much lower in the trailer! Much easier to get in, and out when on the trailer. The wife will like the Cat 22 better? It is better looking. It does have a bigger V-berth(but you have to move the port-o-potty) I think the Mac 22 is also safer. I have had a few of each. Happy Sailing, Capt. Tony P. S. The M
ac will not sink!(there is a Cat. 22 at the bottom of our lake, that sank on it`s very first sail) Got hit by a blast of wind with the pop-top up(owner not that smart). I often wondered if they had good insurance on a bran-new boat?
Old 09-11-2011

skygazer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBzeer View Post
SD - did you know this thread is 5 years old? (Couldn't resist that )
And I'm reading it more than five years later than that, and finding it helpful.

When someone describes their experience with a boat, the real life experience remains valid and helpful virtually forever. Writing in a forum should be looked at as writing in an encyclopedia. The original poster becomes irrelevant.

If you wish to imagine you are only addressing the OP instead of the cyber universe for all time, then I believe you should only send private messages back and forth.

This is one of the most helpful sites I've found, filled with courteous, intelligent, insightful and highly experienced writers. I joined when I realized that time after time I ended up here when searching. I found that I began to choose this site first, because the info was superior.

I'm surprised however at how many "date Police" are playing "gotcha". I think when forums were new people didn't realize how a search would turn up every word written.

I think it's time to stop discouraging people from adding to older threads, it's actually helpful when they do to keep the knowledge organized instead of scattered all over. Disorganized libraries are almost useless.

That's my 3 cents - inflation.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.