SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   OK, here we go again...an offer on another boat! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/48302-ok-here-we-go-again-offer-another-boat.html)

josrulz 10-24-2008 11:31 PM

OK, here we go again...an offer on another boat!

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record with my threads. Let's just say we decided to bite the bullet again on another boat this afternoon. I think the offer may actually get to the listing broker in the morning though.

So maybe we'll hear something back tomorrow. I'm excited about the boat, but less positive about the process after our last experience. Fortunately, the last time we found out very early that there was something sketchy going on, so it didn't turn into a nightmare.

Hopefully, our offer will be accepted (at least keep us talking). I guess we'll see...I'll keep you updated. No pics or details of course until we have an agreement on the boat...

Thanks for letting me post a vague post with no real information! :D
-J

Delirious 10-24-2008 11:38 PM

Arrgghh! What is it! Something Pearson 33ish?

Say, I was aboard a nice S2 11.0a in Deale, MD this past weekend that was in good shape at a fair price. Too deep for our marina or we might have jumped on it.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.

artbyjody 10-24-2008 11:44 PM

Don't worry J - we are experts at converting these type of posts to the "Ignore Post Contest" :D

Good luck!

josrulz 10-25-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirious (Post 389986)
Arrgghh! What is it! Something Pearson 33ish?

Say, I was aboard a nice S2 11.0a in Deale, MD this past weekend that was in good shape at a fair price. Too deep for our marina or we might have jumped on it.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.

Hey Delirious, how are things going with that 31-2 in Annapolis? I hope all is well--I haven't been on Sailnet much over the past week due to business travel, so not sure if I missed anything. I ask because you say you were aboard an S2--are things still moving along with the 31-2?

Delirious 10-25-2008 10:10 PM

Yes, things are still moving. We visited the S2 and the 31-2 same day. Get out your velocity-made-good nomographs and slide rules and figure that one-day trip to Annapolis & Deale & home again. 640 miles in 18 hours with four hours on boats, one hour finding an ATM to pay the surveyor (who preferred cash) and 1-1/2 hour getting a nice oyster dinner. Thank God for caffiene.

We've got a landing spot and winter storage arranged, the funds transferred, three options for a slip in the spring, and the contacts to get the boat hauled, prepped and transported. Just trying to arrange a back-haul to save on transport $$$ and the owner to get the boat to the lift prior to that.

A few more gray hairs for sure.

josrulz 10-25-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirious (Post 390364)
Yes, things are still moving. We visited the S2 and the 31-2 same day. Get out your velocity-made-good nomographs and slide rules and figure that one-day trip to Annapolis & Deale & home again. 640 miles in 18 hours with four hours on boats, one hour finding an ATM to pay the surveyor (who preferred cash) and 1-1/2 hour getting a nice oyster dinner. Thank God for caffiene.

We've got a landing spot and winter storage arranged, the funds transferred, three options for a slip in the spring, and the contacts to get the boat hauled, prepped and transported. Just trying to arrange a back-haul to save on transport $$$ and the owner to get the boat to the lift prior to that.

A few more gray hairs for sure.

Great to hear things are moving along, but I got tired just reading that post (about your trip)!

We have received a counter offer from the sellers, so at least we're still talking! No official agreement yet, but I'm still hopeful. Stay tuned...

sandsailor 10-25-2008 11:57 PM

Uhhhhh?

what were we talking about???:eek:

josrulz 10-26-2008 06:14 PM

Well, in the interests of keeping this up-to-date, I thought I'd hop on and let you know that we've submitted a counter offer back to the listiing broker. I think we adjusted our offer enough to keep the conversation going, but I don't know if it will be accepted or not. As always, we'll see! Sure would be nice! More info to come... :)

Delirious 10-26-2008 10:01 PM

Again - good luck!

josrulz 10-28-2008 12:19 AM

This just in...

Our offer was accepted today! So we're buyin' a boat! :D

Of course, next we go to survey and we'll see how things go. Hopefully nothing serious will come up.

I'm not sure it's really sunk in that this is happening, but my wife and I are really excited.
Thanks!
-J