SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Considering a C&C 32 1981

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GreatWhite 
#1 ·
Hi,
I had been looking at Catalina 30s, but now have come across a nice 1981 C&C 32 for around $15k. Needs a little cleaning up, but as far as I know it is structurally sound.
Can anyone tell me good or bad things about C&C 32? I would use it mainly for daysailing, not racing. Would rarely singlehand. Would take it for a 3 or 4 day trip somewhere, with maybe 2 couples aboard.
Your thoughts? How is build quality compared to Catalina?
Thanks!

#2 ·
Quality is probably a bit better than Catalina of the same era. :)

#3 ·
I personally prefer the C&C, it is a high quality boat that performs much better. The Catalina's have a lot of room inside but are more "dock queens." The C&C is roomy enough for what you describe and also is great sailing boat. I think when you are buying a boat the lines have to grab you. I find the Catalinas...well less sexy...I guess that might be taste... but I would say an uneducated eye might come up with the same conclusion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.