Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2008

eMKay is on a distinguished road
Boatbuilders are in trouble, the selloff has started...

Or so it seems....Uhn, anyone got say $40,000 I can borrow? If this auction was up in the spring or NEXT fall I'd be all over it. It's too soon...

eBay Motors: New Factory Owned Hunter 27X Sailboat (item 220318398708 end time Dec-01-08 18:12:18 PST)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
I would look at this as another attempt at selling the boat for what it would sell for at the dealer any how. What does it cost the dealer to put an add on ebay? nothing! so what the hay, if it sells sooner here than doing normal adds, he gains! Along with more potential buyers. some folks do not like the make offer, counter offer, make another offer bs that goes on in dealers offices, so bidding on ebay is easier etc.

I suppose it is possible that this could be a last ditch effort by the dealer, but in reality, smart move on there part frankly! As you say, if this was next spring, you'd be on it like flies on sheet! You noticed it did you not???!?!?

Marty
Old 11-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
I would look at this as another attempt at selling the boat for what it would sell for at the dealer any how. What does it cost the dealer to put an add on ebay? nothing! so what the hay, if it sells sooner here than doing normal adds, he gains! Along with more potential buyers. some folks do not like the make offer, counter offer, make another offer bs that goes on in dealers offices, so bidding on ebay is easier etc.

I suppose it is possible that this could be a last ditch effort by the dealer, but in reality, smart move on there part frankly! As you say, if this was next spring, you'd be on it like flies on sheet! You noticed it did you not???!?!?

Marty
You're right about the dealer part, I would rather send them a check and arrange the boat to be shipped up here than deal with that BS. The ad says Hunter is selling the boat, not the dealer. So maybe the dealer went under, or lost their franchise, it's an odd add and Hunter didn't bother to get the specs right, they just used the specs from the European version which has a 9hp saildrive. The US version has a 14hp same as the regular version.
Old 11-25-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
It could be an European version that got over here accidently, or the dealer over there BK'd. or they built one to many, or this is the european demo/add model, and with no plans to take it over there, sell it here, local dealers do not want it, so they're selling on ebay..............way too many options as to why Hunter is selling it.

I do not see the red flags you are seeing I guess, other than the flag red hull of the boat for sale.

Marty
Old 11-25-2008

night0wl is on a distinguished road
*EDIT*

Wrong info...post withdrawn

Last edited by night0wl; 11-25-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
it could also be a scam...the seller has 0 feedback and is brand new to eBay as of this month. My money is that it is a scam. the photos are pretty generic and could be from anywhere.

Also consider, Hunter Marine is based in Florida, so why would they be selling a boat owned by them in NEW JERSEY???

Contact Hunter Marine Corporation
Route 441, Post Office Box 1030
Alachua, Florida USA 32616
Phone (Wihtin the US): 386-462-3077
Phone (International): +1 386-462-3077
Fax: 386-462-4077

I bet if you call Hunter Marine and ask them about their eBay account and this boat for sale, they'll have no idea what you're talking about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 11-25-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0wl View Post
Someone's going to get an ok deal...if it sells at Buy it Now, its about a 7-8% discount but this is a barebones boat (tiller steering on a 27'?!)

Overall, a tremendously bad sign...if no dealer would be willing to take it onto floorplan, that says something about their expectations in 09.
I'm not sure where you are getting the 7-9%, the math off the top of my head is more like 40%. This is also NOT a barebones boat, it is a Hunter 27X, use google and search for more info on this model before posting misleading info.
Old 11-25-2008
AEOLUS II

WouldaShoulda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by night0wl View Post
(tiller steering on a 27'?!)
Tiller is all you need!!
Old 11-25-2008

hazmat17 is on a distinguished road
I stopped by the local Hunter dealer (NBPT, MA) a couple weeks ago. If you bought a 40' or larger, you got a free Toyota Prius.
Old 11-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
it could also be a scam...the seller has 0 feedback and is brand new to eBay as of this month. My money is that it is a scam. the photos are pretty generic and could be from anywhere.

Also consider, Hunter Marine is based in Florida, so why would they be selling a boat owned by them in NEW JERSEY???

Contact Hunter Marine Corporation
Route 441, Post Office Box 1030
Alachua, Florida USA 32616
Phone (Wihtin the US): 386-462-3077
Phone (International): +1 386-462-3077
Fax: 386-462-4077

I bet if you call Hunter Marine and ask them about their eBay account and this boat for sale, they'll have no idea what you're talking about.
I called Hunter, not a scam, real deal. BTW, you forgot to list their 800 number. 1-800-771-5556.