OK, so here I go again, starting a worthless thread with "NO PICS", and I'm sure that a fellow Sailnet member will happily point out that no one is going to believe me until I post some details.
I know this, but we're not assuming this is "our boat" until after the survey. We're not even considering
what we'll name this boat until we know the purchase is going forward--each time we do otherwise, the deal falls through.
As some of you may recall, we've gone down this road before. On boat one, we never came to an agreement, and on boat two, the survey showed unforseen issues (see other threads for details is you're curious). Well, maybe the third time is a charm, right folks?
This boat is in the north east, so that makes things a little "different" from our perspective--the boat's on the hard, winterized, blocked in by other boats, etc., not to mention we'll have to sail her down in the Spring, back to the Chesapeake Bay. Geez, when I write it all out like that--I think we might be nuts!
Anyway, due to availability schedules for everyone (including me, surveyor, the yard, my broker, etc.), the survey will have to wait a couple of weeks. That's part of the way it goes for long-distance purchases, unless I just don't attend the survey, but that's not an option for me personally.
So while there are no details or pics yet, if things go well in the survey, you can be certain I'll post them in short order. In the meantime, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, doing the "hope the survey goes well" dance, sending out "good vibes", and looking for additional ways to keep my superstitions thriving.