SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

What influences your decision to engage a delivert service

• Price

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Free

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Experience

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Referral

Votes: 0 0.0%

Free Yacht Delivery Service

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  piclarke 
#1 ·
:hothead Free yacht delivery service offered on expenses only basis, worldwide by experienced offshore Kiwi sailor.

Contact newtown15nz@yahoo.com
Ph +64 21 231 5826 text messages recommended first contact.

Cheers. :laugher :puke :chaser :hothead

#3 · (Edited)
Thank you for spamming the forum. :)

It would probably make more sense if you posted your sailing experience and resume... Also, posting your e-mail address like that is a good way to get spammed...but that would just be karmic justice IMHO. :)

To anyone looking for a delivery captain, I'd highly recommend that you do get what you pay for. If he's doing it for only expenses, chances are pretty good that he has no insurance of any sort. He also doesn't say that he has any credentials or licensing, like a RYA Yachtmaster or USCG Masters, which if he did, he probably would have mentioned. Finally, being an experienced offshore sailor doesn't mean he's any good as a captain or a sailor necessarily.

#5 ·
This reminds me of the time I was in college and out of money. I told my folks I was coming home to visit them for the week end. I need a hair cut, because I dare not show up at home with my hair looking like it did.(My Dad was real funny about hair cuts)

I saw an ad in the local classifieds that the local beauty college was cutting hair for free, thats the way the students learn. All I can say is after they got done with me my hair looked like a winter road report from the mid-west. Partly covered to slick in spots!

#8 ·
On the subject of delivery skippers for real, if you have a need, you should check out sailopo.com. By no means is it free, but it's less expensive. You pay full freight for the skipper (and the price varies based on the usual factors such as experience, etc.), but the crew is free. They can do this because they get people to crew looking for sea time to get to that next level of license, etc. I've used them with good results (and they just got written up in CW too).

#11 · (Edited)
I have 62,500nms ocean miles, have done deliveries before, have worldwide crew data base both free crew and crew requiring payment- experienced and some fully qualified also. All details and referrences are on my website which would be advise on enquiry and i get paid by a - superannuation scheme providing I don't earn an income. So why not.

However there is always people with nothing better to do with their time but shoot down fellow personel on websites.

So be it.

#12 ·
Free yacht delivery Service

Further more I have 30 years ocean going experience and with referrence to the insurance question the ill informed statement. If there is no renumeration re the delivery then the owners existing insurance covers the delivery period and can be extended by endorsement for such and ocean passages. This way there is no cost or just the ocean going extension for the delivery for the owner. Accordingly the vessel owners is guaranteed his vessel covered premium paid the policy is in force without verivication and he gets the terms and conditions he wants [ Cover ] in full confidence.

In the part of the world i sail in. I had one owner refused ocean going cover but when the insurance company learnt I was the delivery Captain they grant cover without a loading.:p :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.