Free 1 12.50%
Experience 6 75.00%
Referral 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2009

piclarke is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Free Yacht Delivery Service

Free yacht delivery service offered on expenses only basis, worldwide by experienced offshore Kiwi sailor.

Contact newtown15nz@yahoo.com
Ph +64 21 231 5826 text messages recommended first contact.

Cheers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2009
Montgomery 17

Perithead is on a distinguished road
This will be interesting.......

Sailing Videos, Woodworking Videos and More!
Old 01-19-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Thank you for spamming the forum.

It would probably make more sense if you posted your sailing experience and resume... Also, posting your e-mail address like that is a good way to get spammed...but that would just be karmic justice IMHO.

To anyone looking for a delivery captain, I'd highly recommend that you do get what you pay for. If he's doing it for only expenses, chances are pretty good that he has no insurance of any sort. He also doesn't say that he has any credentials or licensing, like a RYA Yachtmaster or USCG Masters, which if he did, he probably would have mentioned. Finally, being an experienced offshore sailor doesn't mean he's any good as a captain or a sailor necessarily.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 01-19-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-19-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
I base my decisions on price...GOOD captains cost a lot!!
Old 01-19-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
This reminds me of the time I was in college and out of money. I told my folks I was coming home to visit them for the week end. I need a hair cut, because I dare not show up at home with my hair looking like it did.(My Dad was real funny about hair cuts)

I saw an ad in the local classifieds that the local beauty college was cutting hair for free, thats the way the students learn. All I can say is after they got done with me my hair looked like a winter road report from the mid-west. Partly covered to slick in spots!

Never Forgotten

Old 01-19-2009

popeyeforearm is on a distinguished road
It doesn't need to be the one that will be paid the most or the most expensive, though price seems to be an indication of what most people would look for. And that's usually experience, and that's something is displayed through the all mighty captains' work.

Last edited by popeyeforearm; 01-19-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-19-2009
NON member

AE28 is on a distinguished road
If anyone knows for sure this guy's not for real, they should report him and his e-mail address to:
abuse@yahoo.com
Old 01-19-2009

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
On the subject of delivery skippers for real, if you have a need, you should check out sailopo.com. By no means is it free, but it's less expensive. You pay full freight for the skipper (and the price varies based on the usual factors such as experience, etc.), but the crew is free. They can do this because they get people to crew looking for sea time to get to that next level of license, etc. I've used them with good results (and they just got written up in CW too).

Old 01-19-2009

timangiel is on a distinguished road
Why would someone be willing to do deliveries for free, anywhere, for any one, on an expenses only basis?
Old 01-19-2009
99% landlubber, 1% sailor

modul8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by timangiel View Post
Why would someone be willing to do deliveries for free, anywhere, for any one, on an expenses only basis?
Probably depends what exactly there 'expenses' were. Perhaps his 'expenses include hiring a real captain. The ad left much to the imagination, wouldn't you agree? Maybe it was designed to invite the frugal to inquire. Only one way to find out.